No announcement yet.

Only 4 Gb of Memory reading with 6 Gb installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can't do anything about the motherboard, which is why I stated to you previously that if you get another motherboard, it will prove that the memory is fine..

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hey Guys

I've been troubleshooting my own system and came upon this thread. Our machine's are uncannily similar:

Intel i7 930 lga1366 - Quad core+Hyper-Threading / 8 threads
      MSI X58 Pro-E LGA1366 i7 Triple-Channel DDR3 Triple-CrossFireX
      G.SKILL F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD 3x2GB DDR3-2000 Trident Memory
      VTX3D Radeon HD5870 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card - Retail
      **Coolermaster Storm Scout !!!
      Coolermaster GX 650w

It was really the storm scout case that sealed the similarity! I am having exactly the same problem as you are, with 4GB of RAM showing up in Windows, sysinfo in bios, but showing 6GB in cpu-z and Memory z section in bios.

This leads me to believe that it isn't a hardware dysfunctionality (unless the mobo is dysfunctional in general), but a hardware incompatibility. I'm pretty sure the motherboard is just not of a high enough quality and compatibility with the gskill sticks. I don't know whether the storm scout case has anything to do with it or if that's just a coincidence.

I haven't come up with a solution, and I've pretty much tried everything that has been suggested when dealing with this kind of issue. I'm going to wait for my next pay check and then get myself a really good gigabyte/acer triple channel mobo to solve the problem.

I understand your frustration Dante Leonhart, as I have lived through it myself, but I reckon the only solution is to buy a new board. I should do this in the next few weeks and will provide an update here to let you know how it goes. For the mean time, running dual channel 4GB will have to do...

Comment

Great, please keep us updated. I would like to know as well.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry to dredge up an ancient topic, but I have finally figured out what the issue was.

I've been using the 4GB available to this day, but with Higher end games coming out, I thought I'd give it another bash at accessing my 6GB.

Tried updating BIOS and messed with a few settings but nothing worked.

So I thought I'd check again for anything wrong with my CPU. After inspecting with a magnifying glass, I spotted one lonely bent pin on the mobo itself. So I straightened it, rebuilt my pc and voila, it works!!!!

I doubt anyone will notice my success story now, but I just had to post anyway. Thanks and have wonderful lives!

Comment

Bent pin strikes again! Glad to hear you caught it

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X