Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, I can only guarantee this kit to be double sided:

F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

You can contact the RMA dept. to see if you can exchange it. Let them know you need the July production date because of this problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 07-16-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

So, its been a few days and I've been trying to get the F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT.
      Like I mentioned I ordered them at a local store that build a new PC for my dad. They tried with several distributors but none of them had those RAMs or was even able to order them.

I was assuming that this
      Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT
      was referring to
      Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      We are working on a new batch that will better compatible, so any July/August or later manufacture dates should be improved.
      and meant that there will be new 8GBNT kits produced.

So was exactly happened/happens during "July/August or later"?
      As of this week, I can't buy 8GBNT.
      What can I do?

Comment

Did you test one module at a time with XMP enabled? That is the ultimate test.

You do not need DDR3-2133 CL9 for DDR3-1333 CL7. G.Skill RAM will run at what they are rated for.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Test XMP with what?

I wasn't able to BUY them.

The vendor asked all of his distributors and they all said that there are no 8GBNT kits anymore.

Comment

Hey Guys,
            Just joined this forum after reading this series of posts about the ASUS P5Q m/b's and ram troubles. I am a little confused, I am in the process of purchasing a P5Q3 and all the literature that is supplied by ASUS says that these boards can only use DDR3-1600 ram in two slots only, not all four, is this correct or are you actually able use it in all four slots? I need to know as it will affect which ram I purchase for my board.

Comment

DDR3-1600 requires manual tweaking, and with full slots of DDR3-1600, you can force it to be stable, but it takes an advanced user to know what he/she is doing. For most people, DDR3-1333 CL9 is best.

Why do you plan on purchasing that motherboard, and not something newer?

The batches have changed , so DDR3-1333 kits should work fine with this motherboard.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi GSKILL TECH,
                Thanks for the reply, sorry for taking so long to get back here. The answer to your question is that I will be able to reuse my cpu thus keeping my cost down to a reasonable level, but give me a good boost in system performance. I have gone with the DDR-1333 CL9 ram as I don't have the oc experience.

Thanks,
                mfry35
                Last edited by mfry35; 09-07-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

So I finally managed to get 2 kits F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT and I can confirm that they work with the ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe and 16GB can be used in Windows.

But I'm still having some stability issues and problems to boot the machine.

When I installed the modules I had to try to boot it 5 times and then it was up and running for a full week non stop.
                  Today it had a bluescreen and didn't boot to windows anymore. First POST was fine, BIOS worked but as soon as windows started loading it did some other beeps and restarted and then failed POST.
                  So I removed the 2 sticks from the black slots and kept the 2 in the orange slots. It did load windows but after a few minutes all USB devices were disconnected and wouldn't reconnect. Having no mouse nor keyboard left I had to hit reset.
                  Then I went into BIOS and entered all the settings manually since it was on default from one of the failed boots. I just entered the default values of the CPU and RAM and the NB plus DRAM voltages as default (NB 1.1 and DRAM 1.5).

So what might be the Problem? Maybe voltages?
                  Any suggestions what values to try and what would be save?

The CPU and GPUs are watercooled and there is a 120mm fan blowing onto the board sitting on the back of the soundcard in the top pci-e slot. So there is a bit of airflow on the NB and RAM.

Comment

Test each kit first to see if they pass fine.

Post pictures of BIOS if you can so I can see if anything is detected incorrectly.

Comment

New Memory not Posting w/o Old Memory Installed

I ordered two kits of F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT for my ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe after following this thread. When I installed one of the Kits, I could not get the MOBO to post. Doing some more troubleshooting, I found that I cannot post unless I have at least one stick of my old memory.

I've tried clearing the CMOS then enabling XMS with all settings in AUTO and it still wont post with only one stick installed. I also tried manually adjusting the timing and it still will not post unless I have one of my old sticks installed.

I have included some screens of CPU-z with 3 x 4 gb (G. Skill) + 1 x 2 gb (corsair). I would really like to be able to use all 16 gb, but I don't know what else to change / test.

Thank you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0456.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	128687

Name:	IMG_0457.jpg
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	128688

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	128689

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? What CPU do you have?

Comment

Yes, latest bios (v2105) are installed. CPU is Intel Q9550 (Core 2 Quad) running with default settings.

Comment

Did you hard reset BIOS to make sure all settings are default?

The RAM should be compatible, so it is strange for the system to not POST at all.

Comment

Yes. Clearing was the BIOS was the first step I took when installing the memory. Even with only 1 stick it would not post. Once I installed one of my old sticks it booted and passed with zero errors on memtest. I'll try the hard bios reset again with a single stick. Should I try to set the BIOS settings manually before removing my old stick...if so, what settings should I use?

Comment

Can you post a picture of DRAM timings?

Comment

Working...
                                X