Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i5 750 Gigabyte P55A-UD3. Ideal RAM

Hi All,

I need to find out what the best/ideal ram for this board will be.
    I want to run at stock speed 1333mhz at 1.5V and want stability with no intention of overclocking.

I have just bought F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH which is PC12800C7 1600MHZ. 1.6 V?

I'm not sure if i've made the wrong choice, please can you advise further.

Many thanks,
    Dale

They should prob be fine, though if you want to drop the CL to 6 or so at 1333, you may have to keep it at the rated voltage of 1.6 instead of the 1.5 you desire.........and sorry, but any particular reason why?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      They should prob be fine, though if you want to drop the CL to 6 or so at 1333, you may have to keep it at the rated voltage of 1.6 instead of the 1.5 you desire.........and sorry, but any particular reason why?
      Thanks for the reply,

I have no intention of overclocking etc, I just want something thats 100% stable for constant use and not putting any stress on the cpu memory controller, the specification for P55/i5 is ideally 1.5v.

There is no mention of 1.5v for this particular module, I believe they have been tested at 1.6v @ 16000 C7/24.

Any further information regarding compatible memory or ideal memory for this board will be gratefully appreciated.

Comment

Can anyone from G.Skill help please.

Comment

Should not have a problem at all. Enabling the XMP Profile should be able to detect and set everything for you.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Should not have a problem at all. Enabling the XMP Profile should be able to detect and set everything for you.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT
            Thanks for the reply,

However I do not want to use XMP, as XMP overclocks the processor.

I want the ideal ram for a non overclocked normal system running the memory modules at 1.5v as per intel's specifications.

Thanks,
            Dale

Comment

Simply set the memory at DDR3-1333 through memory multiplier at 10X.

XMP only overclocks the CPU slightly, it is perfectly fine and will not hurt anything. Or you can simply reduce the CPU Ratio to under it's rated specifications.

Here's what the BIOS should look like:

Advanced CPU Features:

Standard Clock Control:
              Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
              BCLK Frequency (MHz) ..................... 133
              PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]

C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

Advanced DRAM Features:
              Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
              System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [10.0]
              Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
              DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Expert]

Channel A + B + C

Channel A Timing Settings:
              ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
              CAS Latency Time ...................... 7
              tRCD ....................................... 7
              tRP ......................................... 7
              tRAS ....................................... 21

Advanced Voltage Control:

DRAM
              DRAM Voltage 1.500V

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I was told by using XMP it disables other features in the CPU like turbo and speedstep?.

So the memory I have bought is fine to run under it's spec?. it's currently running at CAS 9-9-9-24 1.5v. so I may try the speeds suggested.

It's just all the information I can find on these modules makes no reference to 1.5v or running at DDR3 PC10666/1333 nor can I find any G.Skill modules listed with the motherboards requirements, hence why I would really like to know if these are 100% compatible and have been tested at stock JEDEC specifications.

Comment

Depending on how the BIOS is written, XMP can disable turbo and speedstep. These two options are not supported for DDR3-1333+.

Yes, the memory you purchased is fine to operate under spec. The settings I suggested above will work just fine. The memory is 100% compatible, otherwise I would not recommend settings.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X