Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9-4GBNQ and gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p rev 1.1 "display driver stopped..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9-4GBNQ and gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p rev 1.1 "display driver stopped..)

Hello, all!

I have the following ram:

2x2gb F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ running on GA-MA770T-UD3P (rev. 1.1, latest f6b bios). I am having some issues, specifically the following error every now and then in 2d mode "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" Haven't had a crash in any 3d intensive games. Weird.
    I went to gigabyte's web-site, and they did list it as compatible, but your web site doesn't list neither this chipset, nor the board.
    I've rma'd the original ram for the new pair and still having issues. Rma'd the video card as well, to no avail. Psu is corsair 650w. Video: xfx radeon 5770. My cpu is athlon x2 240.
    Ram runs at 1066mhz with 7-7-7-18 (changed yesterday, no crashes yet) 2t timings, also tried 9-9-9-24 2t (crashed).

Should i go with a different set of ram?

Thank you so much!

p.s. very similar issue: http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=13883
    Last edited by mimino; 03-19-2010, 05:36 AM.

what's you processor, more specifically which stepping? I can only get my RAM (i have the same RAM/board combo as you) to run 1333MHz @ 8-8-8-24. I am on the f6a bios so I may look into that but I was told that the C2 stepping processors have a hard time running over 1333 MHz.

Sorry I have nothing concerning your video driver.

Comment

it is athlon x2 240, not sure about the stepping, need to look it up. The cpu itself can't run above 1066mhz, that's what i'm running my ram as as well.
      i've ordered a pair of F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL, we'll see how they fair. G.skill has the board listed under the vendors list on the web-site, unlike the GBNQ version, which doesn't list amd 770 as a supported chipset.

Comment

The 240 may not be able to operate DDR3-1600. I would suggest setting it to DDR3-1333 with 8-8-8-24 timings and that should work fine.

You may want to install the latest video driver.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

yeah, i know that - that's why the ram is set to 1066mhz with lower timings.
          latest video drivers - nothing helps.
          like i said, g.skill does not list this motherboard as supported on their website. but gigabyte did, so i'm not sure what's up.

Comment

We did not have that particular motherboard before we created the QVL list, so it is not listed.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

well, i'll just have to see if the new timings help, and when i get the new sticks, i'll report back to you guys. thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                We did not have that particular motherboard before we created the QVL list, so it is not listed.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT
                It bugs me that Gigabyte put this RAM on the QVL for this board. Biggest reason I'm going to switch to Asus for my next board. Preferably one that will be OK with this RAM

Comment

lol i think as long as the ram made it to POST, gigabyte was cool with it

Comment

Biggest problem w/ QVLs is they don't list the CPU that they tested w/. People see the list and think any RAM on the list will work w/ any CPU, which just doesn't, especially w/ AMD CPU's, they have so many different CPUs w/ oddball limitations, i.e. some won't work w/ RAM that's 1066 or faster, others might work with 1066 or better, but are limited to 1 stick per channel, etc.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

haha good one. =P

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Originally posted by mimino View Post
                      lol i think as long as the ram made it to POST, gigabyte was cool with it

Comment

still getting the same hang after resuming from overnight sleep mode. i guess, it's not memory related then. will be returning the 1333mhz one.

Comment

Working...
                        X