Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-X58A-UD3R, F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD, i7 930.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R, F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD, i7 930.

I cannot get these three to play nicely. Not at rated speeds anyway. So far without changing any voltages I can get the system fairly stable running the ram at 1866Mhz, 9-9-9-24, cpu ends up something like 2.88ghz.

I have tried all the other suggestions in the similar posts, but most just end up with the system constantly rebooting, resulting in plug yanked from wall and cmos reset.

That is with XMP disabled btw. Any hints/ideas?

With the Ram at 1866, I can stream to the PS3 and do a full system stress test in everest at the same time.

May have to add a slight OC and voltage to the CPU to get the RAM up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Upped the voltages, still no dice. Cant be bothered restarting another 50 times for the same result. Just going to run it at 1866Mhz. Runs fine like that. Would be nice to get what I paid for though

Comment

Did you check out the settings on http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1322

You wouldn't need anything like the CPU voltage shown in that though, more like 1.0-1.2v
        Asus P6TD Deluxe BIOS 0509 | Core i7 920 D0 4.2GHz | 6GB G.Skill Trident PC316000CL9T 1600MHz 7-7-7-20 | OZC Vertex 60GB | Silverstone TJ07 | Be Quiet 650W | Sapphire HD4870 | Heatkiller 3.0 Cu | Swiftech MWC60 | XSPC RX480 & Black Ice Stealth GT 240 | Swiftech MCP655 & EK X-Top Rev.2 | 6 x Scythe GT 1450 | Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme

Comment

Yep, tried the numbers from every post I could find related to that memory or similar. Upgraded to the F5 Bios for "Improved Memory Capability", but there was no change.

Comment

If I leave everything on AUTO and chooser "Profile1" from the XMP section, mem speed becomes 2002Mhz, voltage gets set to 1.6, and CPU is auto overclocked to 2.86, so 60Mhz or something. Boots fine and will run idle for hours. Play a game for 30minutes and it BSOD with error 124. So, I up the vCore a bit and the system doenst post. Just constantly restarts, doesnt even reach the stage of turning on the video card.

Comment

i have the same problem, but with the i7 920. i tried using the settings in the thread linked above and it causes windows to crash before i even get to the login screen.

i monitored the RAM usage when playing a resource intensive game and around 3gb of RAM usage is when i get random blue screens. sometimes they happen and sometimes they don't, and when i ran memtest for 14 hours it says no errors detected.

Comment

QPI/VTT Voltage should be set to 1.60V.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X