F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM runing at 1333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM runing at 1333

i have an asus m4a785td-v evo motherboard updated to the latest bios and when i set the speed to 800 in the bios and log into windows i get it at 800 with 11 timings, if i then have it set at 800 and set to the specified timings i get it running at 667 speed, why cant i get both?

What shows it at 667? If it's CPU-z, 667 = 1333, CPUZ shows the base speed. Best bet is to enter your base timings, speed, DRAM Voltage all manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes in cpuz it shows 667 which i know is 1333 but the setting i have it at in the bios is 800 which is 1600, i also have thte timings set to 7-8-7-24 for both dimms, should i enter all of the other timings manually? if so can i have a list of those?

Comment

If you have it set in BIOS as 800Mhz, it will be just that, or it will not run. There is no way you set it to 800 and it's running at 667. Where are you looking at the memory frequency? Under the memory tab of CPU-z, it should state DRAM Frequency 800.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

yes im looking at the memory frequency, thats the problem im thinking maybe its a bios problem or just the motherboard is screwy to begin with, theres a setting for manually setting the ram to 800 and thats what i do, its bothering the crap out of me, so right now i just have it at 1333 with 7-7-7-18 timings

Comment

Check to see if you have the latest BIOS, 0602 released in January. What CPU are you using?

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

yes i have the latest bios and im running a phenom ii x4 955 C3 so it should have no problem running 1600

Comment

please try to set NB and HT voltage to 1.4v
                it should improve the stability while running DDR3 1600
                thanks

G.S

Comment

ok do you think for some reason that will make it actually run at 1900?

Comment

Memory Frequency will only operate DDR3-1900 if you overclock it. With this platform, I don't even think you can reach that.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

oops that was meant to be 1600 sorry about that

Comment

Then yes, of course GSKILL's original suggestion would help your CPU run DDR3-1600

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

ok i will try that then, thank you

Comment

ok well i give up, my motherboard simply doesnt want to run 1600 with respectable timings, maybe ill wait around for a bios update or something

Comment

Or, post up pictures of your BIOS so we can see if you have anything set incorrectly.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                              X