f3-16000cl9t-6gbtd Gigabyte x58 Extreme not running 2000mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f3-16000cl9t-6gbtd Gigabyte x58 Extreme not running 2000mhz

I am having trouble getting this ram running a spec speeds. I currently have it running at 1908mhz with a 3.3ghz cpu speed 24/7 stable, but I would like to run it at manufacture spec speeds and timings. I have the Gigabte x-58 extreme revision 1 board running the f10 bios and the bios settings are as follows.
    cpu ratio x21
    bclk freq 159
    memory multi x12 1908 mhz
    qpi ratio auto @ 5.72 ghz
    mem timings are 9-9-8-24 1t 75 trfc
    cpu vcore: auto
    dram: 1.6 volts
    qpi: auto
    Ioh: auto

All of my voltages are at auto except for the ram, which i manually set. I have tried setting the xmp profile and cannot get the system to run stable for more than a few mintues. Any help that you guys can offer would be great, I'm satisfied with it at 1908mhz speed on the ram, but would like to get it running at spec speeds. Thats really why i spent the money to upgrade.

qpi: 1.60V

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank You

Thank you for your quick response! Problem solved! You have another super satisfied costumer.

Comment

I had the same problem. Upping the Qpi voltage to 1.6 let the system boot at the specified Speed although for some reason only 2gb out of the 12 is recognised.

Any Ideas?

Comment

Make sure the memory is firmly installed. Reseat the CPU to make sure that is not causing the problem. What type of CPU cooler are you using? You may need to send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

CPU Cooler - Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2

I have previously checked the memory and it definatly was seated well. More info on my problem to help you determind what is at fault or requires changing.

If i run the Memory at 1600 speed all 12gb is found and used by the system. Changing the multiplyer manualy to run at 1887 (approx) only 8gbs of memory is found by the system. And as previous when the Profile is used and run at 2000 speed only 2gb found! All very odd!!
            In addition i have ran Memtest 84+ which succesfully passed 9 passes, however i dont think this was at 200mhz speed which ever standard speed it tests at!!

As this is a work system i will reseat the cpu in the next week or so. When installing it seemed to fit perfectly and have notived no other stability issues.

Comment

If you continue to have the same issues, simply send the memory in for new replacements.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X