F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL with GA-P55A-UD4P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL with GA-P55A-UD4P

Hello, I'm having all kinds of cold boot problems and memory_management BSOD's.
    I'm running 8 GB of G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL in my Gigabyte P55A-UD4P. On the first boot of the day if I run memtest+86 it comes up with all kinds of error, almost every test is red. But if I then boot to Windows and then reboot into memtest again, I get no errors!
    Does this sound like a bad stick or a bad setup?
    I'm running at "optimized defaults" at the moment. 9 9 9 24.....1.5v....1333mhz
    No XMP for the moment because that made it real bad.
    Do I need to up it to 1.6v since there's 4 sticks?
    CPU is an i5 750.
    I own Everest Ultimate if that helps. What should I be looking for there? Memory shows up there like it should.

Thanks for the help.

Is Command Rate at 2N or 2T? may be defaulting to 1T or 1N. You'll want your speed, base timings, DRAM Voltage and Command Rate entered manually. Also check tRFC, should be 110 or 127 depending on allowed settings if in 'ns' else about 68. May also need to raise CPU/MC voltage a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm going to go in and check on these things now. I take it since you're looking at tweaks that this doesn't necessarily indicate faulty RAM?
      Would it help if I posted all my bios settings or are there a select few that would help you out more?
      Thanks for the help. Can't wait to get this resolved.

Comment

Command Rate only said 2....not 2N or 2T...changed it to 1.
        tRCF was set at 74...changed to 110.
        Base timings set manually.
        Since these are 1600mhz sticks should I get them up there rather than 1333?

Memtest still getting errors. Not just on cold boot anymore, every time. Even on "optimized defaults" it's now showing errors always.
        Last edited by jjthetrader; 03-07-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Often it may just take a little tweak or two...and I may not have been clear..Command rate should be at 2 (generally shown followed by a T or N), but you do want 2. Does tRFC show its numbers as 'ns' (nanoseconds) and only offer specific possibilities i.e.110, 195, 230 - is so then you want 110 else if you can apply any number you want then you'll want 68. Try these, command rate at 2 and tRFC at probably the 68. Leave it at 1333.

Then try running memtest, if errors w/ both sticks try running individually in slot 1 to see if only 1 stick is producing errors, if so you'll want to RMA it..... if no errors individually you may want to try either raising the CPU/MC voltage between .05 and .1 and/or the DRAM voltage by about .05.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, I've got memtest passing now with all 4 sticks in there together. tRFC was at 74 before, does that mean that 6 ns caused all these problems?

Now can I adjust memory to bring it up to 1600?

Thanks

Comment

If you are still having cold boot problems, you will need to have them replaced.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

What would you say about my memory that's passing memtest, booting fine into Windows 7 but has cold boot issues with windows xp 64 bit? Would the cold boot issues then be attributed to XP rather than the memory or is there a memory controller for XP that's different?
                Thanks

Comment

The issue is attributed to the two modules not syncing properly upon initial startup. Once the computer has a chance to reboot and reconfigure, then it has no problems. But since we don't want you to have to reboot everytime you boot, we would like you to send those back in for new replacements that do not have this problem.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    The issue is attributed to the two modules not syncing properly upon initial startup. Once the computer has a chance to reboot and reconfigure, then it has no problems. But since we don't want you to have to reboot everytime you boot, we would like you to send those back in for new replacements that do not have this problem.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT
                    Thank you for the opportunity to RMA my ram. I have 4 sticks in there (8GB total). I didn't want to be without my machine so I took out one pair to RMA this morning. I thought I'd do one set at a time.
                    After I took out one pair, leaving 4GB still installed, there's no cold boot issue. It booted right up!
                    So, is there a problem with having 8GB installed on this machine or do you think one of the sticks I removed was a bad one?
                    At the very least I only need to RMA one set I think.
                    Or should I be making tweaks to get the full 8GB to function properly like setting the voltage higher than the specified 1.5v?
                    Thanks for the help.

Comment

bump...could you respond to the above post please?

Comment

Well the new set should be fine. So after you install them, you'll want to make sure memory settings are properly configured. If you continue to have problems, try raising the IMC Voltage. Keep us posted on the results and we will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                        X