BIOS help amd phenom 955 asus 4a78t-e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS help amd phenom 955 asus 4a78t-e

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU, Asus M4A78T-e motherboard, 8GB 4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ Ram.

I have a problem with my setup when I play certian avi files and with a TV tuner card. When I open the avi my computer automatically reboots and i get an error message at reboot telling me "A Hyper Transport sync flood error occurred on last boot. Press F1 to Resume" same thing with the tv card. I read that i most likely have a problem with the voltages for my ram and i need to adjust them in my bios. I have never adjusted these settings before. I looked at G.Skill site and they dont have any recommendations for what to set this mobo at so I was wondering if anyone here can help me find out what they should be set at?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Nell; 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM. Reason: correcting the mobo model

Could be a few things, ensure tRFC is at 195 or so, also may need to increase HT voltage. Do you have the latest mobo BIOS? and what voltages do you have on the CPU/MC/NB?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I upgraded my bios to the lastest version (2.61) last week and i still had the same problem except the HT error message wouldn't appear. I am not quite sure how to check "ensure tRFC is at 195 ", and what the MC setting is?
      All my bios settings are set to the default. Here is a screen shot of them sorry for the pic being sloppy.

Comment

Try HT voltage to 1.25, NB to 1.35 to 1.4, and check around in the Ai tweaker for the tRFC, should be under the Advanced DRAM Timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well i tried tried the HT voltage at 1.24 and 1.26 and the NB at 1.36 and 1.38. I'm still getting the same error. I tried to find the tRFC but could not find it anywhere in the bios. Was wondering if it was somewhere in the ECC config.

Comment

No you don't have bios 2.61 you bios 2503. In order to get the timmings setting you need to downgrade to bios 2303. I have your same setup. I been following these threads as I have the problems with the windows 7 crashing and BSOD. I still have not solved my problem. So have been on the look out and see if anyone else has any luck.

Comment

Thanks i will downgrade my bios.

Comment

Well I never downgraded my bios. I ended up switching out the old video card i was using at everything worked fine. So my problem was not with my mobo and ram it was an issue with my video card. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone was wondering. Thanks to everyone for the tips and help.

Nell

Comment

Thank you for the update!

GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X