F3-12800cl9d-4gbnq asus p7p55d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-4gbnq asus p7p55d

What would be the proper settings for this memory - Mother Board combination?

When I tried to load World of Warcraft on this new system and was receiving errors. This promted me to try running memory tests.

When I run either MemTest or Memtest86 I am getting errors

The Gskill web site lists this memory mother board combination as compatible

I've searched this forum, this exact combination is not listed.

I've tried to use settings for similar memory - mother board configuations without sucess.

I have now reset the BIOS to defaults. Default 1333Mhz frequency with auto settings for everything else.

I need to know if I need to exchange this memory with something else ASAP. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Configuration:

Memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Mother Board: ASUS P7P55D
    Processor: i5 750

Thanks

Have you run memtest on each stick individually to see if 1 is bad?
    Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo? ver 1207....can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=RBA8CzWoopUlYRFZ

If yes to the above, make you you manually (don't trust auto) set speed to 1600, base timings to 9-9-9-24, DRAM Voltage to 1.5, Command Rate to 2T (or 2N), and tRFC should be about 68.

May have to raise CPU/MC voltage .02-.05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Simply enable the XMP Profile under "Ai Overclock Tuner" and everything should run just fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

803MHz with 1600MHz DRAM

I tried testing each stick individually. One was bad. I was able to RMA them and ordered a new set.

I have since replaced with new set of same and all is good with Memtest or Windows memory test.

Thanks for the help

However I've run into a new problem. When I run CPU Z it shows the DRAM frequency as 803.3Mhz. The bios is set to 1600Mhz and all the timings have been set to the recommended 9-9-9-24 2N. Can you tell why the memory seems to be running at 1/2 speed?

Thanks

Comment

DDR is double data rate. 803.3MHz is the real frequency. The effective frequency is x 2 (DDR) so DDR3-1607 in your case.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X