EVGA 790i FTW Digital Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA 790i FTW Digital Motherboard

I have a EVGA 132-YW-E180-A1 motherboard and F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ memory. I was wondering what the proper settings are to get full 1600 FSB to work with a Q9650 processor. I don't want to overclock yet, but assume I need a better setting than I'm currently using.

You'll need to overclock/set your CPU FSB to 1600MHz in order to operate DDR3-1600. Then along with the memory specifications entered, you should have no problems.

DDR Frequency DDR3-1600
    Memory Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
    DRAM Voltage 1.50V

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Cpu fsb

I was looking for actually making the CPU FSB 1600. I changed it to FSB to 1600, multiplier to 8 so my CPU is at 3.2 Ghz. I made no voltage changes and rebooted. Is there any voltage changes I should apply with these settings. My windows 7 rating still shows the memory rating at 5.5. Everything else rates 7.8-7.9. The memory seems to be holding me back. I manually set all the timings to what was suggested. Unlinked the memory/CPU.

Comment

Download CPU-z and send me screen shots of the CPU and Memory settings so I can see if anything is set incorrectly. Although, it may simply be a glitch with the WEI. You can download Everest Ultimate to benchmark the memory and see where you compare with other systems.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Benchmark

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Download CPU-z and send me screen shots of the CPU and Memory settings so I can see if anything is set incorrectly. Although, it may simply be a glitch with the WEI. You can download Everest Ultimate to benchmark the memory and see where you compare with other systems.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          I ran Everest Ultimate and all benchmarks show my setup in at least forth or fifth place from the top. I think it's safe to assume that there is a problem with my WEI. I'm planning on a switch to 64 bit Windows 7 soon.

Comment

WEI doesn't always get true readings w/ AMD CPU/MCs, have seen where people have reloaded the OS after getting things stable and it go up.....also, score should increase w/ the 64 ver, which utilizes the RAM more efficiently

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the help!!

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Bios problem

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                  Let us know how it goes
                  I have rebooted the computer on a number of occasions now, to find that the boot up screen resets the bios to the 1333 FSB 2.67 CPU. The multiplier(8X) and the memory FSB is 400. The timings also change from the manual settings. If I enter the bios all the manual settings are set properly but the default settings are what appear to have been loaded. If I save and exit the bios, not changing anything, the proper settings show up on reboot, 1600 FSB, 8x, 3.2 CPU.

Comment

Working...
                  X