Best G.Skill Ram for Asus Crosshair III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best G.Skill Ram for Asus Crosshair III

Hey I am currently shopping for some ram for this specific motherboard by asus, I have it paired with an AMD 965 BE C3.

I was wondering what's the best 2x2gb Kit for the Asus Crosshair III?

Yes I do plan to Overclock but I am as well very new to OC'ing.

Thanks!

You didn't mention a RAM speed or an OC speed, but with the price of RAM what it is, both 1333 and 1600 are both running right in the same price range around $105-115 at the Egg, so my suggestion would be the RipJaws, F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231303

These are 1600, CL7, and would give you the widest latitude and best performance. Until you get your complete OC in place, you could run these sticks at 1333 at prob CL5 or 6, or even take them down to 1066 at CL4 prob, then boost the speed up as the OC progresses. Plus if you upgrade youd have these for starters.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Oh sorry I was going around everywhere looking for a nice set of ram I completely forgot to list I was looking for some 1600mhz DDR3's and that fits the bill perfectly! (Btw trying to do a black and blue theme for my new comp)

Thanks those are perfect! Just ordered some right now

Comment

didn't know I was psychic, did you..........ha, ha

And for my next prediction take a look at........:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106123

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

lol sorry I have a cooler already I picked up a H50 cpu cooler a week ago

All I have left to grab is some harddrives and a video card. Not really in a rush for a video card though, but since I am limited to CrossfireX for multiple cards I'll be waiting for some 5850/5870 to drop in price dramatically.

What I have currently:

CM HAF 932 Full Tower
          Asus Crosshair III 790FX
          AMD 965 BE C3
          G.Skill Ripjaws Series 2x2gb F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (Great looking ram btw!)
          850watt PSU

Can't wait to try out these sweet Ram, just wished they were on Amazon since I get charged Tax because I live in CA

Thanks Again semi-Psychic

Comment

Working...
          X