F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI with EVGA E758

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI with EVGA E758

I have not ordered my new system parts yet. I was wondering if anyone thinks I might have problems with F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI (12GB PI c7 kit) on an EVGA E758

Motherboard: EVGA E758
    Memory: F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI (12GB kit)
    Processor: Intel Xeon W3520

Has anyone tried this combo?

Comment

GSkill may have more input, but I think the Xeon should be able to carry 12GB, one thing to give thought to would be the heatsinks on the RAM sit a little high which could affect your choice of CPU HS.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

Thanks for the reply. I will be using the Corsair H50 water cooler for the CPU so the height of the heatsinks on the RAM shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

i don't care much for the h50 but that is more of a personal preference, i don't forsee any issues with that memory, other than i doubt it'll hold 2k for a 24/7 clock, 1600 - 1866 is a little more feasible, thats only in my experience tho with the e760 classified board.

Thx,
          JsT
          http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1066980.png

Comment

Originally posted by jstanthr View Post
            i don't care much for the h50 but that is more of a personal preference, i don't forsee any issues with that memory, other than i doubt it'll hold 2k for a 24/7 clock, 1600 - 1866 is a little more feasible, thats only in my experience tho with the e760 classified board.

Thx,
            JsT
            Hi jstanthr,

Thanks for the reply I'm not expecting anything spectacular out of the H50, just a side-grade from any other air cooler. The main reason for this cooler is its simplicity and size (was concerned about high end air coolers blocking the RAM slot closest to the CPU).

I'm not that interested in overclocking, just stability at stock / near-stock speeds. I'm not much of a gamer and I am building this for a workstation "on the cheap" (the one game I do play every now and then runs fine on my old laptop). I just can't afford traditional workstation parts with all the bells and whistles I need

Comment

i guess what i should have said is, you could save a couple bucks and go with a trident or ripjaws series of memory since anything over 1600 isn't gonna be 24/7 stabie (personal opinion) that would bring your costs down even more and might afford you another HDD or so even.
              http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1066980.png

Comment

Should have no problems at all, although you will need to set memory frequency, timings, and voltage manually.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X