• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P6X58D ram settings help

Board Asus P6X58D
    Ram F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI
    CPU i7 920 D0 ver

1st question
    I have this ram running and when I over clock to 3.6 with the cpu by raising the BCLK only. I manually put the ram MHZ to 1600 and set the dram volts to 1.64. Things run good for a while but once I shut down and reboot I lose 2GB of ram. I reset the bios to run 3.0 just by raising the BCLK and making sure my ram stays close to 1600. Same thing happens. I was wondering what manual settings I can insert in the bios to make this ram stay 6GB and be stable with a 4.0 o/c and even keep the ram speed at 1600mhz...(would like to overclock that too one day but not now.) I'm just new to the intel DDR3 x58 stuff. I come from a AM3 system so ram settings are different.

2nd question

I set things to xmp mode in bios kept everything else in auto beside speed step. I did a bench on the ram with sis-software Sandra and it showed my ram timings on 2 modules of 9-8-8-21 and the 3rd with 8-8-8-21. should I be worried?

I tried to do a local search but there is just way to many threads to hunt through....I tried the search option and came up with nothing

Thanks in advance.

Have you run memtest on each stick individually?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am going to do that first thing in the morning. I was looking for the down load right now. Funny thing is that when I check it the missing ram jumps from one slot to a another

Comment

Asus P6X58D ram settings help

Hey,

i have a asus p5k motherboard with 1gb ddr2 667mhz Legend ram and am wondering if i could add 1gb ddr2-6400 800mhz Corsair ram to the motherboard?

I want to buy another gig stick of ram and am not sure if the mhz on the ram make a difference when they are different.

The motherboard supports both the Legend and the Corsair ram.

Thanks in advance
        Thanks for your answers

Im going to shop around for Corsair ram because of the after christmas sales.

And yeah I would buy 2 1GB Corsair sticks for 47 bucks but im pretty sure Newegg only sends stuff to places in America.

Comment

I was wondering why test ram individual instead all together?

Comment

All ram tested fine

Comment

Working...
            X