Mixing DDR3-2000s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing DDR3-2000s

I am running Perfect Storm DDR3-2000 6GBs (3x2GB) and want to add another 6 GB, but I cannot find another set of 3x2s anywhere. My question is can I use the Trident DDR3-2000 6GB kit without causing any conflicts with the Storms? If compatible, should the Tridents replace the Storms in slots A1, B1 and C1 (thus putting the Storms in slots A2, B2 and C2), or does it matter. I love these Perfect Storms - they are the best and most stable memory I've ever had and I don't want to replace them, if possible. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

FYI - I have a very slight overclock now, just to be able to use the Storms to their potential, but I plan to o.c. to 4 ghz in the near future.

Thanks!

My system:
    Asus P6TD Deluxe
    Core i7 950 @ 3.43 Mhz
    GSkill Perfect Storm 6GB DDR3-2000 (16000CL8T) 8-8-8-21/2N
    Xclio DiamondPower 1080w psu
    2 x VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS
    2 x Sparkle NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT+ 1Gb SLI (soon to be replaced by a GTX285)
    Creative Fata1ty Champion SC
    Plextor PX-880SA SW DVD/CD RW
    ProlimaTech Megahalem
    3 x Yate Loon D12SH-12 120mm
    Xclio 2000 case
    Vista Ultimate 64

I'd check with the Egg (Newegg.com that is), they list them as currently unavailable, but should be able to let you know if they are on order and appr when due in, if they are on order.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Thanks for the reply. I talked to a salesperson by phone this morning, and he said that this set of Perfect Storms were no longer listed in inventory. His guess was that the newer Tridents had "taken their place.". Doing a general google search only turned up a few merchants...all of whom listed these P.S.s, but none had them in stock. Just figured that GSkill stopped making them, in favor of the Tridents.

I'll try someone else at 'Egg, but I will probably get the same answer. I bought nearly every part from Newegg, and knew at the time that I should've bought two sets then...

Thanks again!

PC219

Comment

Working...
      X