bcp's First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcp's First Post

Hello everyone, I am bcp (Brian if you would like), it will be my pleasure to get to know all of you.
    I have been a Mushkin RAM man for about 12 years now, that is until I bought a GSKILL kit, F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK, the reviews made me worry, but the price was too attractive to pass up. I must say I am very pleased with what I received!
    I'll list the specifications of the system I currently have it running in, please base your comments on these specs.
    OS= Vista Ultimate 64bit.
    MB = Gigabyte EX58-UD4P
    CPU=CORE i7-965 Extreme (under clocked to a 20x multiplier)
    PSU= Mushkin 800 watt
    GPU=HIS 4890
    HDD= 2 x WD 640 AALS, RAID 0.
    I set the DRAM voltage to auto and manually set the timings to, 7-7-7-18-1T. Please look at the CPU-Z readings I've attached and comment/recommend as you see fit.
    What are the highest settings you would recommend to overclock this RAM in this system?
    How stable would this set up be if I were to add another of the same kit, doubling the RAM total to 12Gb?
    Or, what are your thoughts if I were to populate the remaining slots with a set of
    F3-10666CL7T-3GBPK for a total of 9Gb of RAM, what kind of issues would I run into?

I'll stop here for now, thank you in advance for your comments, and thank you for the opportunity to begin what I hope will be a long relationship with the GSKILL staff and the forum members.
    Brian
    Sorry, apparently we can't post attachments, that would have been very helpful for you. Perhaps the forum moderators can re-think that policy?

Should be able to add either 3 or an additional 6 without any real problem...would think you might have to up the tRFC and possibly drop the Command Rate to 2T at worse. One question though, is there a reason for underclocking the CPU? New heatsink perhaps...letting the thermal compound cure? Should be more than fine at it's 3.2 base speed...??? Inquiring minds..

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah.... Why the low multiplier? I assume your running a higher Bclk? Can't see your screen shots... I thought I read somewhere (Toms?) that there was no advantage to doing this.

Just curious.
      Etiam In Pugna, Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Working...
      X