Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build Failing Memtest 86+

Hey everyone,

I built a new rig last Thursday that includes the following pieces of hardware:
    • EVGA P55 SLI 132-LF-E655-KR
    • Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
    • G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

While this set of memory was not explicitly mentioned on EVGA's Official Memory Compatibility List, I had heard good things and decided to try out the kit anyways. Everything seemed to be working fine until today when I experienced a BSOD that prompted me to run Memtest 86. Under default bios configuration (memory speed 1333 mhz, 9-9-9-24 timings, 2T and 1.5v) I am experiencing a number of DIMM errors from Memtest.

I tried setting the BIOS profile to XMP Profile (which put the memory speed at 1600 mhz and I set the DIMM voltage to 1.65V) and I still received Memtest 86 errors.

My question is: Do I have defective memory or am I missing something? and if so, should I RMA for the same item or should I return the memory for something listed on EVGA's compatibility list? http://www.evga.com/support/motherboard/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Could test each stick individually to see if any one stick (or more is bad), might also try raising the tRFC and/or add a little voltage to the CPU/MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Manually set the memory timings and everything should be fine. Memory Frequency - DDR3-1600
      Memory timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2. Memory Voltage 1.60V

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
      X