Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H & F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Hi,

I got this kit of RAM because it was on the motherboard QVL.

I'm wondering what are the correct subtimings for these modules as currently they're set to run at 1600MHz 9-9-9-24, the subtimings as those in the SPD at 1T and on stock voltage. Running Memtest with these settings would fail once out of every 2 or 3 passes, always on test 7 but not necessarily at the same address so I'm thinking it's a configuration issue. Same thing for 2T command rate.

System Specs:

Phenom II X2 550
    Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H
    2x2GB G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Last edited by qiqi1021; 02-14-2010, 04:17 AM.

Might need a bit more voltage to the CPU/MC, especially running at 1T, maybe .05 to .1 extra....or raise RAS Active in base timings to 26-27

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Before I went to bed last night I set the RAM to 1600MHz @ 9-9-9-24-1T subtimings to those under the "Auto" column and loaded up Memtest. This morning I checked and it had run through 12 passes without any errors.

I would prefer not to overvolt, so otherwise I guess that means hours of manually tweaking... fun.

Incidentally, would you happen to know the exact settings G.Skill used with this motherboard for the QVL tests? My one is the revision 1.1 PCB and currently running BIOS F4 if that matters.

Comment

By simply entering the memory settings (frequency, timings, voltage), everything should run just fine.

So now that memtest passes just fine, the system is still unstable? Try increasing the HT Voltage to 1.30V. Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

This is ridiculous. I can pass Memtest and now that I have Windows installed, the RAM just refuses to run at 1600MHz. It fails OCCT in under 5 minutes with +0.1V (1.25V) CPU MC, +0.1V (1.2V) NB and +0.1V (1.3V) HT, running at 2T and the Auto settings in the photos in my previous post. Not to mention a few BSODs.

But if I clock the memory speed back down to 1333MHz everything's fine.
          Last edited by qiqi1021; 02-18-2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

May have to OC the CPU to give it's MC a little extra boost and add voltage to the CPU/MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Good news.

I got to it with new resolve today and first checked if it ran fine with a single stick; yep it did. Then I tried with both sticks in the second channel slots. Voila, passed an hour of OCCT running at 1600MHz 1T command with the SPD timings and stock volts on everything.

I deserve a good slapping for forgetting standard RAM testing procedure.

Currently letting her rip through ORTHOS blend.

I might check with Gigabyte if it's an issue with the channel 0 RAM slots.

Comment

Working...
              X