Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ w/ BSOD

Hello,
    I?ll start with the problem followed by my computer specs.
    I am frequently (read: every 5-7 minutes) getting a BSOD with no consistent hex code. The most common it seems is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This only happens, however, when I have one stick of ram in the MoBo compared to when I have both in. I bought them in a pack (2x2gb) and they worked fine for about a month and a half.
    System Specs:
    - Intel DP55WG MoBo
    - Intel i7 860 processor
    - nVidea GTS 250 (BFG Tech)
    - Antec 650w 80+ Bronze certified PSU
    - Memory is G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ
    DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 2GBx2
    SPD CL9-9-9-24 1.5v
    I have checked the BIOS and the CAS is correct for the ram. I have also run a memtest on both sticks individually and together, everything was fine. When I boot up Windows (7, ultimate, x64) it will boot and then 5 minutes in, blue screen. I have also tried multiple slots (1,3; 1,2; 1,4; 2,4; etc.). Not sure what to do now.
    I work full time, I?ll check back here in the evenings, thanks for any assistance you can render.

If your base timing/voltage/et al is on auto, load the base timings, DRAM Voltage and speed manually...also ensure Command Rate/Timing is at 2N (or 2T..same..same)..not sure how they show your tRFC in the BIOS..if shown with a 'ns' will want 110 or 127ish.....if no 'ns' (nanoseconds, will want about 66. Will want the sticks in slots 1-3 I believe (black ones), can confirm in your manual. The latest BIOS update is 1-5-2010, available here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...tProduct=Intel
    %C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DP55WG

May also need to add a bit of voltage to the CPU/MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the hasty reply.

In desperation while waiting for a response, I ran another Memtest86 on my ram and found plenty of defects in one of the sticks. Not sure why it didn't show before, I'll be doing an RMA on them for sure.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X