Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new ripjaw kit failing memtest86+ (DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ripjaw kit failing memtest86+ (DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH)

I just bought another set of F3-128000CL7D-4GBRH sticks. When I got errors in memtest86+ while running all 4 sticks, I switched the timings down to DDR3-1333@9-9-9-24 and still got errors. After testing each stick individually ONE of the new sticks fails. Highest timings used during testing was DDR3-1600@9-9-9-24 1.6V.

I done a final test using the 3 known good sticks together at DDR3-1600@9-9-9-24 1.6v and it passed. Normally I'd do a several pass test to ensure stability but in this case the one bad stick fails rather quickly and that is what I need to address.

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D EVO
    Bios: 1207 (latest) also failed while using 0606
    CPU: Core i7 860
    Memtest86+: failed on multiple versions including latest v4.00

I haven't had to RMA ram before but as this kit is dual channel, do you usually return the pair? I just recently ordered this from Newegg, perhaps I should simply deal with them?

If it's been less than 30 days, NewEgg will prob RMA it without any problem, let them know you ran Memtest on the sticks individually and together and that the one fails each time...might also mention you checked w/ Gskill. If over 30 days, you'll want to get in touch with ustech@gskillusa.com (preferable) else rma@gskillusa.com
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 02-03-2010, 12:41 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Simply visit our website for complete RMA procedures: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Also, if you simply enable the XMP Profile, it should be able to automatically detect and set all memory settings for you correctly.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the response, I was issued an RMA through newegg and have shipped the product back for replacement.

Also, if you simply enable the XMP Profile, it should be able to automatically detect and set all memory settings for you correctly.
        XMP was enabled at first but upon failure I started to relax settings to see if it the bad dimm would pass memtest86+. Your site states the timings are only guaranteed in one dimm per channel configuration. When I get the replacement kit back and all four pass testing, are you saying I should expect all 4 dimms to run at DDR3 1600 7-7-7-24 1.6v? My initial impression is that I may need to relax timings @ DDR3-1600 when using 4 dimms. I was successful at running 3 of them at XMP however.

Comment

This motherboard, CPU, and 4 DIMMs of memory should be able to operate DDR3-1600 with the XMP Profile. We have tested it here and did not have any issues at all. Since you purchased two seperate sets, you are banking on them to operate together. Unfortunately not every set will be compatible with another, so that is the problem when not purchasing a complete kit.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X