F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH and gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH and gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5

ive just built a system using F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH and gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5, the motherboard is currently running the memory at 1333mhz, i can modify the ram multiplier which brings them up to 1600mhz but i would like to run it faster. has anyone here used the same ram and motherboard could give me some advise on settings to get some good speed out of the ram

full system specs

GA-790FXTA-UD5
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (deneb core)
    G.Skill RipJaws 2000MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Kit (F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH)
    Samsung HD103SJ 1TB HDD
    ATI Saphire HD3870 512MB
    Samsung SyncMaster 206BW

The mobo's rated up to 1866 as an OC speed, so you'll need the sticks in slots 3-4, w/ a healthy OC on the system, with boosts in the CPU/MC voltages. I'd start w/ stock timings and DRAM voltage (also Command rate/timing at 2N and tRFC at 127.5) then try to tighten down the timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for reply. i guess its a case of increase the link speed until i hit 1866.

Comment

Might be able to get faster, will want to keep an eye on your mobo at the manufacturers site for BIOS updates, they may kick the speed up higher.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X