No announcement yet.

M4a78t-e and f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SH*T! When I was surfing on the net BSOD came. It was memory error. Now raised HT and NB to 1.4, would it help? G.Skill support please help!

Comment

Post up screen shots of your BIOS and I will be able to see if anything is set incorrectly.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I ran Prime95 from 7 am this morning until 7 pm today - approximately - without any errors. But when I came back to my PC after a quick dinner it had rebooted and was on the logon page. I'm looking at windows events log and absolutely nothing is showing (usually I get something about how the system was restarted improperly or something). How can I determine what triggered the reboot? I didn't even have a dump file...

Nevermind, it looks like it's this idiotic windows update automatic reboot. Unreal.
        Last edited by ogandou; 02-10-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I ran prime95 blend overnight and when I woke up this morning I saw that It failed to fatal error (rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4) after two hours. What this could be? CPU is totally stock.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Post up screen shots of your BIOS and I will be able to see if anything is set incorrectly.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT
            I will do that today evening! 11hours then I'm in home and I will post!

Comment

There are the pics of my BIOS. Those settings crashed about 5min after boot. Now I use 8-8-8-21-2T @ 1.6V and wait if errors occure..

Comment

Oh.. they are quite big 2 more:

Comment

Okay new information. That BSOD I had with 1.66 (screenshot timings) didn't cause for memory. I checked it from sevenforums.com. Failing thing was volume shadow service used in backup. So I'm really confused now.. I have checked my HDD several times with seatools and CHKDSK /R , nothing found, all okay. Windows causing crashes?

Comment

But I will leave this memory thinking soon as G.Skill support will reply to my messages and check those screenies and settings. If they are okay and memtest & prime says okay, my windows is failing somehow.

Comment

Try lowering the voltage to 1.50V and raising NB Voltage to 1.20V and see how that goes.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Okay and still keep the HT 1.4? Do these memory work 1600MHz with only 1.5V?

Comment

Now running at 1333MHz and 8-8-8-21-2T-1.6V and NB and HT at AUTO. If this still causes BSOD I would try raising volts (NB to 1.4V and HT to 1.3V, what else?)

When I get to home after few hours I'll boot my pc and check if the BSOD continues.. I can't wait to get home.
                          Last edited by WIGILOCO; 02-15-2010, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Okay, no BSOD with 1333MHz 8-8-8-21-2T 1.6V but when running prime95 got the rounding error. This didn't happen when I tried last time with all the same settings.. ??? Now raised NB to 1.4 and HT to 1.3 and DRAM for sure to 1.62.. Do they sound ok?

Comment

Yea, those are all very normal.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Now using NB 1.36V and HT 1.3V on BIOS but AMD Overdrive shows NB voltage 1.1V and HT 1.26V. When I raise NB from bios to 1.38V my Overdrive shows HT as 1.28V?

What that means? My mobo's manual says that min NB voltage is 1.1 but in BIOS the min is 1.3V and max 1.6V.

This is confusing

Comment

Working...
                                X