M4a78t-e and f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4a78t-e and f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

Hello! So I have this mobo and 2x2gb those memory. I now use this 1600MHz 9-9-9-24-2T settings and dram voltage to 1.6. Are these settings correct? I have It stable now, with 1.64 It wasn't stable durin prime95. It said something was 0.48 and It has to be 0.4 (expected error) or something. Now runs prime95 with no errors and warnings (40min only tested). Yeah and no struttering in games! =) Good memory!

SRY FORGOT TO SAY I HAVE PHENOM II X4 965BE 3,4GHz
    Last edited by WIGILOCO; 02-09-2010, 03:48 AM.

Those are the correct settings. Glad to hear everything is running fine. Enjoy!

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hello! My FSB ratio is 1:4? What does that mean? Should It be 1:1?

Comment

Yes, 1:4 is the max on newer AMD systems. You can run 1:1, but that just means DDR3-400. You can not overclock your CPU enough to operate anything near 1:1 for DDR3-1600.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you for answers! Is there any recomendded DRAM VOLTAGE to these memory? Now I use 1.62, does It make any difference than 1.60? Is the lil bit more voltage better for stability? Getting some random BSOD's on startup so maybe the DRAM VOLTAGE was like little bit too small or something.. Just ran memtest86+ with 1.60V and it passed 6 times with no errors and It was enough for me

Comment

Yes, sometimes the memory may need that little bit more.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

BSOD says 3 memory dumps, 3 different STOP errors, and 3 different causes. Now I use the 1.62V and about 6 successfull boots. I'll wait if the BSOD comes.. Some guy had this same thing that DRAM VOLTAGE was little too low.

Comment

Is it recommended to put 1.4V ht voltage? I guess it is 1.2V on my mobo at [Auto]

Comment

Hello,

I have the same motherboard and memory, with a Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition. The memory is "overclocked" (not sure if it's true OC'ing since that's the memory speed and apparently the mobo is made for it but...) at 1600 MHz. I'm using bios version 2303 with the 9-9-9-24 timings and the voltage is set to 1.60V (well, now I'm trying 1.62V). I also have a GeForce 8800 GTS and a couple of sata drives.

I put together the system about a month ago and I'm experiencing stability issues: a few BSODs, random reboots, and more and more freezes as well... I'm not sure what's causing the problem, I'm thinking about taking out the video card and using the onboard card just to see if that could be the problem. Otherwise, I ran memtest86 with no problems so it looks like the memory is OK, what else could it be? Motherboard? BIOS settings? I don't think there are recommended settings for that ram/mobo combination, are there? I just tried to use 1.4V HT voltage and I'm not sure what to use for NB as 1.30V is the minimum and the only combination I could find recommended 1.2V...

I'd like to settle those stability issues once and for all, but it's difficult to pinpoint... any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah I use the 2303 too. The newest BIOS says on information " Fix stability issues ", but no longer I have no issues with this. And If you have BSOD's would you post the dump file of them to www.sevenforums.com and the crashes and debugging -section. They'll help there! Updating your video drivers is recommended usually. And you can also ran CHKDSK /R for check your drives. Hard drive is common reason for BSOD's. And some old driver can cause BSOD as well.

If you use Windows 7:
                    Go to your drive/windows/minidump and copy the minidump files on there to your desktop and archive them with winrar or winzip. Then send the .zip to for analyze to sevenforums.com/crashes and debuggin section. The windows 7 gurus will tell you what is causing BSOD.

I have now about ten successful boots and I quite sure that the BSOD on boot was caused by 1.6 VOLTAGE. That's a quite weird that 0,02 change can help, but in this case, It seems to be helping
                    Last edited by WIGILOCO; 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I have AM3 setup, with 965BE and I readed about some other thread in here that NB and HT voltage raising is good. Now everything on default of those. Should I raise HT to 1.4? (If the BSOD continues, or is it recommended to put the 1.4 HT anyways?)

Comment

Yeah, I visit those too, but often I don't find anything afterwards in the dump folder. I'll try though. What about event logs? Can those help?

EDIT: OK, posted my problem there...

Yeah, it's hard to believe that 20 mV can make such a difference. :-) What do you use for voltages? 1.62 V for Dram, 1.4 for HT (does it turn red too when you enter the value?) and 1.3V for NB? 1.3V is the minimum apparently...

Running Prime 95, everything OK so far...

Thanks!
                        Last edited by ogandou; 02-09-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I use on voltages DRAM 1.62V, NB 1.3 (auto), HT 1.2(?)(auto). I had got no BSOD in four days now so my problem is solved. You don't need to put 1.4HT unless you have 8gb DDR3, I think. And run memtest86+ too for at least 6 passes then your RAM should be okay =)

Comment

OK, thanks. So far no more crashes or BSODs. I ran Prime95 for 6 hours last night with no errors, am trying to run it all day today, since the snow won't let me do anything else...

Comment

Good! 6 hours is enough I think My BSOD problem is gone 100% sure. 20 boots without. Before like every 4th boot was crash..

Comment

Working...
                              X