• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB of F3-106668CLD-4GBHK and my hair loss

Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth 55i
    Memory : F3-10666CL8D-4CBHK x2 for a total of 8GB
    CPU: Core i5-750

Well I'm throwing in the towel on my 8GB setup. I've spent the last three weeks setting up this new system and have not been able to get Memtest to run consistently without finding hundreds of errors within the first few seconds of the test. I have read this forum for days trying to find the secret to getting all 8gigs working smoothly. All the modules run fine solo and in pairs or three at a time, but all together brings me all to often a screen of red. Odly, on occasion, I'll be successful in my quest, Memtest will run the night without a single error. But when I turn off the power supply to button the system back up, the red screen of errors quickly returns. My system recognizes all 8GB both in the Bios and in 64bit windows 7. I can even run prime95 for a full day without a hiccup, but Memtest chokes 90% of the time. I have tried numerous changes to my bios over and over again, dram timings, voltage changes, changing dimm sockets, always the same result.
    At the moment Memtest is happy. I've yanked two of the sticks out of the system and all is right with the world.
    I was just wondering if anyone has been successful running 4sticks in a core i5 machine?

I think I may have found another avenue to pursue. I originally picked this ram because it was listed on my motherboard's QVL. The manual for my motherboard also says that I can populate all for sockets with this ram. However, the manual also states that as per Intel spec. XMP Dimms are supported for one Dimm per channel only. The Gskill website lists another set of memory with an 8GB configuration which they say is specifically certified for my motherboard. Think I'll give it a shot.

F3-10666CL9Q-8GBECO?

Tech support, what do you think?

Comment

Sounds like you needed a little more IMC Voltage. Enable XMP Profile and see how that works. Should be able to automatically set everything for you.

The ECO series would work great. They also have the lower voltage, so you can overclock more, save energy, and produce much less stress on your CPU.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Been there, tried that. My Bios has seen a number of IMC voltage changes based on responses read on this forum. The XMP setting has also had its shot at running the show, both with stock IMC settings and various higher settings up to 1.35v

I think a Ram change is in order. I don't know what else to do without resorting to reading tea leaves or making some kind of sacrifice to the Ram gods.

Comment

I'd pass on XMP and enter the timings, command rate, speed and voltage manually to the sticks specs, also ensure the tRFC is set to at least 195.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried the manual settings as well, both with and without various voltage changes. No difference.

Comment

Have you tried OC ing the system and upping the voltage on the CPU/MC, AMDs MC isn't very strong, especially w/ 8GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have tried Overclocking the system a little and increasing the IMC voltage. This is an intel based system not AMD. I have another 8 gigs of F3-10666CL9Q-8GBECO on order and will RMA the F3-10666CL8D-4CBHK back to Newegg. Will let post on Thursday with the results.

Comment

The new ECO will tell us whether it was a memory issue. The ECO series is a great memory package. Fantastic choice.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Just received the new memory. Before installing I booted into the bios and reset everything to the default settings. I then shut the system down and installed 4gigs of the new ECO memory. I rebooted into the bios and set the dram voltage to 1.35v, saved and rebooted to memtest, so far so good. Shut the system down and installed the other 4 gigs. I booted into the bios to check if the system recognized all 8 gigs. Sure enough, it was all there. Rebooted and so far Memtest is happy. No errors where I usually encountered them with the old memory. All the bios settings are in auto except for the dram voltage which I manually set to 1.35v. The bios has set the timings to 9-9-9-24 which is the default for this memory. I will let Memtest run the night to see how things turn out, but so far everything looks good!!!!!!!

Comment

Well Memtest ran the night for a total of 5 passes without a single memory error. I shut down the system, turned off the power to the power supply and then started the system back up again. Memtest started and is running again without issues. This same scenario would result in hundreds of errors within the first few seconds of the first pass. Sure looks like my 8gig system is now a reality.

Comment

I have just enabled XMP in the bios. Everything seems to be running great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear everything is working fine now. Hopefully it will help you grow some hair back. =)

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                          X