F3-12800 CL9D-4GBNQ Command Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800 CL9D-4GBNQ Command Rate

Hi I have the Asus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard with an AMD 965 Phenom II X 4 3.4ghz processor. AMI Bios version 2.5 (I just updated it to be sure). I have the F3-12800 CL9D-4GBNQ which is two sticks of 2GBNQ. I finally figured out how to change the speed to 1600 and the settings to the right clocks. (9-9-9-24) There are a whole bunch more clocks in the memory settings that I have no clue about so left them on "Auto". I keep seeing recomendations to set the command rate to 2t yet I find no place in my bios to do this. I have the AMD overdrive program and I did it there but afterward my computer just kept crashing so I put it back. Any ideas on this subject I would be much thankful for.Also any clue what to do with all those other settings. This is my first new build and yeah I'm probably in over my head but in I am. This computer runs (As you can see I am here) and runs pretty darned well but I want to have things the way they are supposed to be so I get the most out of my equipment without overclocking and wearing out my stuff before it should. I am only running Windows XP Home 32bit but will be switching to Windows 7 64bit in the next two weeks.

As long as you are stable there's no need to mess with the other settings. And your smart not to be oCing at the moment, on a new build you always want to basically run it at stock till the thermal compound on your CPU/heatsink has a chance to cure (set up). Once it sets up, you should be able to OC if you choose with basically no changes to the RAM. If you are running the Command Rate/Timing at 1T or 1N as you seem to indicate, even better...most AMDs have trouble w/ fast RAM with the CR at 1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Can You check this for me please?

How do I change the CR anyway? I'm not afraid to admit I'm a 49 year old dummy, I sure can't find anyplace to do it. I'll include some pictures with info shown from my overdive program as I don't have the "CPU-Z" that I see other people show. Maybe you can give me pointers for some of the settings or tell me if any of these are wrong. Thank you I really appreciate your time.

Comment

On your first photo, over on the right bottom square towards the middle is Command Rate, it's currently set to 1T, you'll want to change it to 2T. If the overdrive won't let you change it, you should be able to do it in your BIOS (and probably easier and more permanent)

As to CPU-Z, it's available all over but here is a good site:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I seem to be running stable enough at 1t and I truely can't find anywhere in my bios to change the command rate setting. I have tried to change it in the overdrive software but my computer crashes after I try to open a web browser or pretty much any program other than overdrive. After the crash it resets it's self to 1t. I noticed another poster with the same board that had changed his to 2t but it never said if he did it in bios and his AMD processor was just a bit slower than mine. You can find the thread by searching the motherboard model #. Anyway thank you very much for your time and let me know if you think it's super important that it be set to 2t and if it is help me try and figure out how in the world to do it .

Comment

Working...
          X