Asus p7p55d LE + F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus p7p55d LE + F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH issues

Copied over from the configuration threads as they dont seem to get any attention

Asus p7p55d LE + F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Im running the LE version of this motherboard with this ram kit using default bios settings, everything set to auto, using an ocz modXstream 600w psu and Asus eahhd4890 graphics card on windows 7 HP

One set of these ram modules have failed already and it looks like the replacements are on the way out too.

I dont want to overclock my cpu as is suggested by the settings above (14 ratio / 200 BLCK), i want it running at default speed and the ram to clock down.

What settings should i use in the bios to achieve this ?

Any overclocking i want to be left to AIsuite within the OS

Should i clear my cmos first before applying any changes you suggest ?

Hmmm, I think I need more information.

Go into CPU-Z and take a pic of Memory and SPD and the Possessor. Please upload them so we can retrieve the info provided.

Comment

What CPU are you running? Might try at 1600 7-7-7-22, Voltage 1.65, Command Rate/Timing 2T for an
      i-5 750 or 860

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Running an i5 750, ive been advised to lengthen timings for compatibility, but with the board i have, as far as i can see, i cant manually set the voltage to 1.65v, only 1.6v, the board has increments of 0.1v not 0.05v.

Since my first post ive taken out the main drive while i wait for a new one so i cant get any screenies of CPU-Z, though i have managed to do the following:

Clear CMOS
        disabled speedstep
        offset cpu voltage
        cpu pll 1.9v
        dram 1.6v
        dram frequency 1333mhz
        9,9,9,27 timings 1N

removed the graphics card and put in a lower power one, tested both dimm's in first slot and in dual config with memtest and shown as no errors, which is a start.

Does anyone know if enabling speedstep for the OS to manage the cpu speed changes ram voltages / timings aswell and if that might cause instability ?

Would using 1333mhz dimms limit the cpu speedstep ability ?

Seems long gone are teh days you could just bang in a few new parts and havethe machine run smoothly first time lmao

Comment

Yep, speedstep sure can, especially if you are running speeds faster than default (DDR3-1333 for memory). For this reason, we ask customers to disable this feature.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

All i need to know is the certified bios settings to run this ram on this board at 1333mhz without changing the cpu BCLK or ratio from 133/20, as tested by g.skill.

timings
            voltages
            command rates etc

CPU-Z shows SPD table 666mhz as 9,9,9,24 but no command rate so using 2n and 1.5v as shown but still not stable

Comment

Simply enable the XMP Profile in AI Overclock Tuner and everything should be fine.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Doing that overclocks the cpu, which ive said i dont want to do in this and the configuration thread.

Ill try again..

I dont want to overclock my cpu
                I want to keep the cpu frequency / ratio at 133 / 20
                I want to run the ram at 1333 not 2000.

What are the exact settings i need to enter manually across the bios, including timings and command rates and voltages that dont overclock the cpu in ANY way ?

Comment

Set Memory Frequency to DDR3-1333
                  Memory Timings tCL 6 - tRCD 6 - tRP 6 - tRAS 18
                  Memory Voltage 1.50V

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X