Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH + memtest86+-4.00 Errors is it faulty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH + memtest86+-4.00 Errors is it faulty ?

This is the most fustrating build ever, everything on auto no overclocking at all, the board sets the ram at 9-9-9-24 1333mhz, only thing i set is i changed from 1T to 2T. My pc started to crash randomly, windows could run for hours then suddenly freeze, always happens when i try to run benchmark of resident evil 5, after trying to reboot pc somtimes i dont get no post, just fans spinning, other times i get into bios would freeze in bios, and leaving it off for 10 - 30mins it boots up and my bios is back to default settings, so i ran memtest 4 and got errors does it mean its faulty,

And the Temps are perfect 35c idle cpu board 29c, anyone help me please

Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    Phenom II 965 125watt
    F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH

Try this setting 8-8-8-24- 2T @ 1.65V . If still not work then you might have faulty rams. I got the same problem. I have 4 stick ( 8G) first 2stick gave me the same problem you have then i change to the second pair and they work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by hagan View Post
      Try this setting 8-8-8-24- 2T @ 1.65V . If still not work then you might have faulty rams. I got the same problem. I have 4 stick ( 8G) first 2stick gave me the same problem you have then i change to the second pair and they work fine.
      is that at 1333mhz unganged ? my board doesnt go to 1.65v, only 1.64v or 1.66v,

Comment

No, that is at the 1600 speed. CL7 will not work with DDR3-1600. 1.64V should be enough.

The memory timings are way to loose, memtest won't pass.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          No, that is at the 1600 speed. CL7 will not work with DDR3-1600. 1.64V should be enough.

The memory timings are way to loose, memtest won't pass.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          Dont think this board can run this at 1600mhz stable, now got it set at 1333mhz 8-8-8-24 2T 1.64v and been running memtest for 3 hours, did not error same stage it did last time, how long should i run memtest for, and have i set them right ?, this is the most stressful build ever,

Comment

Your current DDR3-1333 configuration would probably be the best. Everything is set up correctly.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok thanks will leave it running over night and report back really hope this is the end

Thanks

Comment

SO i left it on overnight, on 1333mhz 8-8-8-24 2T, 1.64v running memtest 4 for 9hrs 25mins and no errors, so anyone can tell me now its 100% not faulty, just that this board has trouble running this ram at 1600mhz ? wondering now if to try 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 with 1.64 v, but dont think i will took me long enough.

Comment

Biggest problem running 1600 may well be your CPU, the memory controllers (MCs) are notorius for being , shall we say 'individualistic', take a half dozen 965s and maybe half can run 1600, and the other half can't, same with most all their CPUs, they don't really put in the R&D or testing time with the MCs in order to keep the cost/price down.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for the reply, i think i got a faulty cpu or motherboard, cause now i cant even do prime95 for minute without pc freezing , no blue screen, just freezes on desktop no response, trying this when everything is on auto and ram is on 1333mhz 8-8-8-24, reinstalled windows 7, prime95 just freezes pc doesnt even get blue screen, just on desktop freeze , so im going the cpu and motherboard back for replacements, and decided to buy ram from the qualified memory list for the board its a OCZ 1333 7-7-7-20, i really have enough of this so much trouble and hassle, but i would like to say thanks to Gskill for helping me, now im stuck with a F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH

Comment

Should not be hard to sell; that memory package is popular. I hope your QVL memory works just fine. =)

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                      X