Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the market for good DDR3

Hey everyone. Happy New Year.

I am about to swap out my P35 motherboard for an eVGA 790i FTW. So naturally, I'll be ditching my DDR2 and going with DDR3.

I'm interested in the F3-160000CL9 stuff from G.SKILL. Can you tell me if this memory works fine on the 790i platform? I went to eVGA's website and this particular memory was not listed as one of the few that is supported (DDR3 2000).

Again, specs are:

Intel C2D 8400
    eVGA 790i FTW
    memory in question: F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD (2x2GB)

Should work OK, prob have to OC some and make some voltage adjustments

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response! I'm fine with overclocking the mobo. It's OC'd now with DDR2 800 running at 900 (450 w/ 1:1).

Will this particular F3-16000CL9 run the spec'd DDR2000 with 1t Cmd rate?

Comment

Prob have to settle for 2T w/ the P35 chipset

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No sorry for the confusion.. The P35 is being swapped out for a 790i.

Comment

My fault, misread it, w/ the 790 should be fairly easy, will probably want a decent OC on the 8400 (which is relatively easy)

Tman

Comment

Excellent.

I've purchased a set of F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD from Newegg and it should be arriving shortly.

I'll do the mobo swap and install the new memory this weekend and report on the results. The E8400 is currently at 445Mhz x 9 = 4,005Mhz on the P35 and DDR2-800 @ 890Mhz.

We'll see what this new mobo and memory can do.

Comment

Working...
              X