Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSkill 4GB (2GB x 2) DDR3 PC-12800 NQ 9-9-9-24 with Asus P5P43TD DDR3

Hi,

I am having a problem with this combiniation and would like some advice.

Problem: Both dimms are working in dual channel but I think one or both may be corrupt.
    When I start the computer everything is fine but when playing a game or program that uses a large amount of RAM like GTA IV(uses 1.5GB) the game or program will crash and the screen will go black for a second and vista reports "nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has recovered" (read about it here). I first thought this issue was a problem with my Geforce GTX 260 but then I was reading that this driver error is not a particular error but just a general one. I have tried all solutions thinking something else must be wrong with my computer but then I tried the step that said to run memetest86 and other testing programs. Memtest86 came up with 7 errors in the ram after the second pass. Prime95 reports a fatal error and says the rounding was 0.5 and expected 0.4 or less. Windows memory diagnostic also reported problems. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Coolermaster 460W Ultimate
    Asus P5P43TD
    Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00Ghz 6Mb Cache
    GSkill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Inno3D GTX 260 Gold
    Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
    Last edited by drjaydenm; 12-30-2009, 01:48 PM. Reason: Mistake

anyone want to reply??

Anyone have an answer

is this bad ram??

Comment

Have you run Memtest on each stick individually? that would determine which stick is bad (if either is)...one possible thing to try would be increase the DRANM voltage .04 or .05 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply

The dram voltage is currently at 1.5, I have also tried 1.6 but made no difference to the problem, just made the ram temps hotter so i turned it back to 1.5.

If I take the second stick out, for some reason the computer wont turn on properly (nothing comes up on the screen and the fans run at their max speeds, it doesnt turn off unless I hold the button) I have tried to swap the sticks around so the second one is in the first slot by itself but the same thing happens. The computer only works when both are in the computer in dual channel. I am confused. I will try to test them by themselves and hopefully it works.

Comment

Working...
        X