Getting 12gb stable at 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting 12gb stable at 1600

I have two sets of this kit: F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK and I cannot get it stable at 1600, no matter what settings I try. I know that getting 12gb stable is not guaranteed to get stable, but no matter what settings I try with voltages and timings, stability doesn't even improve a bit, it fails within two runs of linx each time, which points to some setting that I'm overlooking. Cpu is stable at same speed with ram at 1263, and uncore at the same clock. Forgot to mention, my mobo is asus r2e.
    Last edited by cky2k6; 12-22-2009, 06:56 PM.

Would really need your mobo and CPU (the ASUS R2E is a portable device, not a mobo)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

no, its short for asus rampage 2 extreme, pretty common abbreviation... cpu isn't really relevant to memory stability, but it is a 920.

Comment

any ideas at all? linx is as stable at 1.375v vcore and 1.35v vtt with 1.65v vdimm at timings 8-8-8-21 as it is at 1.45vcore and vtt, and 1.76 vdimm at 9-9-9-24, how does that make any sense?

Comment

any suggestions? memory serial #s are even sequential on the 6 dimms, so the sets were produced together.

Comment

Originally posted by cky2k6 View Post
            any ideas at all? linx is as stable at 1.375v vcore and 1.35v vtt with 1.65v vdimm at timings 8-8-8-21 as it is at 1.45vcore and vtt, and 1.76 vdimm at 9-9-9-24, how does that make any sense?
            as stable or as unstable? I have a similar mobo and 3 ram kits instead of the 2 you have to get to 12GB (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM). I seem to hit a wall at 1400MHz with the ram (7-7-7-21) in this setup. I can push a little further at 8-8-8-24 to 1440MHz but no voltage increase seem to add any stability beyond the 1.63V. Also my sticks do not like 9-9-9 timings.

Comment

yeah, i meant stability stays the same, it fails at two runs of linx problem size 25000, and hcl memtest errors out really quickly as well. I guess its entirely possible that the memory just isn't possible to get stable at all, I just don't give up easily, lol. Whats strange though, is that I can never get windows to crash. I can play gta 4 and flight simx for hours, and those two are fairly memory intensive games. No erros when running several vms either. But any stability test will error out fast.

Comment

Working...
              X