Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD with Ripjaws DDR3 F3-10666 CL8D-4GBRM

Hi. I have a few random bsod with my new ripjaws f3-10666 CL8D-4GBRM

some BSOD are Memory_managment and some others that i dont remember.

The BSOD started when i just installed The RAM.

I was using Windows 7 Enterprise x64 when i started to having those BSOD. Those reboots Happended when i was:
    Navigating on Firefox x86
    Started IExplorer X64
    And when im playing Games.

So i ran the memory diagnostic tool of windows 7.... and didnt show up any errors.
    Then i took of one memory module. And started to work fine. Then i switched between the modules, and keep working fine. I Installed Both modules and keep working fine for a Day. Next day started to happen again. So i changed The timings from the bios. (timings were in 9-9-9-24) Changed the timings to 8-8-8-21 and tryed out. But no good results. Then, changed timings to 8-8-8-24 And then keep Rebooting.

I Ran then, the MEMTESTx86 and tested each memory module separatedly and no errors shown, and then i putted toghether the memory modules and also no errors shown.

Yesterday i installed Windows pro x64 and the system is currently working fine... The problem start to happen again when i overload the memory (installing a game,and running a game). But just not so frequently as before (when i had running windows 7).

The memory Doesn't appear to have any problem. The problem occurs when i put them in dual channel.

My final question is then. Could be a problem of the PSU?, Or just the motherboard?

EDIT:
    Im discarding a SOFTWARE problem because problem seems to happen in both operative systems. Windows XP and Windows 7. Just acting different, Maybe because of the great memory consumption of windows 7 it tends to happen a lot more than win xp.

My system specs:

MotherBoard: Asus m4a78t-e (with latest bios, updated before i installed the modules and was running OK).
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHZ (stock)
    Video: Ati XFX HD4850
    PSU: Overtech 500W
    Sound: SoundBlaster X-fi Xtreme Music.
    RAM: 2x2GB ripjaws f3-10666 CL8D
    2 HDD Sata 2. 80 GB and 160 GB

Just for INFO:
    2x 80 mm LED FAN
    2x 120 mm LED FAN
    6 USB Plugged IN (one is a external drive MAXTOR onetouch).

THANKS.
    Last edited by pmabres; 12-22-2009, 05:01 AM.

May have to increase CPU/MC voltages just a tad maybe .05, .1 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks. Im at work right now I'll test that when i arrive home, Also im going to try a demanding game without my soundblaster card, and some fans. if it just work fine its a PSU problem. Then i will run the memtest86 for 10 hours or so. Maybe then i could know what is the problem.
      PS: can you tell me which are the exact names to set the CPU voltage and memory clock voltage?

Comment

Good and bad news folks!
        Yesterday i came home late and i only could do 2 different tests.
        First i tried to test both modules with more voltage '1.60 v' and no good results either. Same reboots as always.
        Then i did something i never thought before, i changed the banks (choose the black ones not the orange ones) and finally they did work for 3 or 4 hours of playing GTA IV. The only thing i note is a micro stuttering now.
        Im happy but...
        What now... I have a problem in those two slots of my motherboard?, i won't ever be able to use them?.
        When i get home today i'll make more testing and keep you informed people. Thanks!

Comment

No, the memory must be installed in the initial slots to run properly. You had them in the wrong slots.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

pmabres, you're not the only one. And I don't believe you had your memory in the wrong slot.

I have F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK and an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO, and am getting the same type of problems. I'm running Win7 64bit. It operates fine when I use one stick of RAM, but can't handle dual channel, no matter how I set it up in BIOS. It also operates fine no matter which slots I choose (on my board I have a set of 2 blue slots and 2 gray slots). The interesting thing is when I put one stick in the A channel (DIMM_A1 or DIMM_A2) it doesn't work, but when I put one in the B channel (DIMM_B1 or DIMM_B2) it does work.

ASUS support has suggested that it might be the memory controller in the CPU. Personally I think it is some interaction between the board and the memory and neither G.Skill or ASUS are willing to admit it. One user has suggested that pairing an ASUS M series board with any of the new DDR3 RAM that operates at 1.5-1.6v is a recipe for problems - he suggested using >1.8v RAM.

Comment

Hello! Merry Christmas to everyone here

I finally could aislate the problem... It wasn't the memory, It wasn't the Motherboard. It was the PSU, i disconnected one of my 120 mm fans that was connected to the motherboard and they are just working fine. So i think i'll need a new PSU. Its maybe a problem with the 12V line... Anyway Thanks for all Guys!!.

Comment

Working...
              X