• Show
Clear All

• ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO - Memory Choice

AMD Phenom II X3 720
    ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

What memory is best?

F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ This looks like it will work better
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL This is $7 cheaper

Is there any real difference between them?

Would you recommend a different set?

Thanks
    Paul

I don't know if the two you have asked about are any good, but I would suggest that you avoid:

F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

I've had nothing but problems with it:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2633

Comment

Either will work, the Ripjaws (RL series) use newer ICs, so might have a little more leeway if you play with the timings.....another option, at the Egg they're the same price $92.99,( the RLs do currently have free shipping, prob the $7 diff you mentioned). Or, possibly a better option, the 1866 Ripjaws are $2 more a pair w/ free shipping also and like the others are CL9 sticks at base timings. Difference is, you could load these at 1600 and tighten your timings to at least CL8 (8-8-8-24) and possibly a mid CL7, i.e. 7-8-8-23.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I went with the 1866 Ripjaws on your suggestion.

According to the description the Asus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard is capable of 1800 (OC). Its it possible I'll get those speeds and if I do is it any faster?

What I'm asking is there a sweet spot mem speed I should aim for?

Comment

Try the XMP Profile first, it should be able to configure the memory settings for you. Although, your CPU may be the limiting factor. The 720 may have issues operating DDR3-1600 and above.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X