Some help with memory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help with memory.

I built a new system using G.Skill F3-10600CL8D-2GBHK and the mobo is a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P. I used Gigabytes memory compatiblity to get the memory however I've been having freezing issue where I have to restart the computer.

After checking the windows event log it says the lock up was due to the Vid Card getting stuck in an infinite loop. So after conctacting XFX about the issue they want me to check the system memory by removing a stick at a time.

On the box it lists the setting as 8-8-8-21 and 1.5v. So I set the BIOS manually however for the volts the lowest setting is 1.6v. Could this be the problem?

Shouldn't be, but might check and make sure you have the latest BIOS also might check your GPUs driver, is it the latest, if it is, might check for a beta or drop back a version, seems symtomatic of a gpu-chipset conflict

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea the GPU was conflict is what I was thinking I don't know why XFX wants me to test the system memory.

I used the drivers for the GPU that were on the CD with the card and I was getting the freeze so the first thing I did was upgraded the drivers.

Will try a BIOS update. If that don't work I'll be contacting XFX again. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Well I updated the BIOS and now there is a option for 1.5v so I reset the values for the RAM at 8-8-8-21 @ 1.5v. Which is shown on the box.

The BIOS on auto had the RAM set at 9-9-9-24 @1.5v.

Should I use the AUTO setting or keep the value which is shown on the box?

Comment

Manually set them as they may change in AUTO.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X