Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ problems with Asus P7P55D-LE

Hey,

I have 4 sticks of the above ram, consisting of 2 pairs with 2x1G in each.

Problem:

When all four are in i get:

Windows 7 x64 BSOD (IRQ message) and reboot then cant pass POST. Sometimes it will start and crash in windows sometime it just wont start.

I have played around and found 1 pair when installed by themselves works fine 100% of the time. The other pair experience the same problem highlighted above.

When i dont pass POST i have run the MEMOK feature and after doing its thing it will work some of the time, with all 4 in and when just the problematic 2 are in. Once in windows ill get the BSOD IRQ failure or once i turn the PC off it wont pass post.

I have locked down the timings and voltages as per the RAM specs 1.5v, 9-9-9-24. When set to auto in BIOS it was running at 1.7v 10-10-10-30 - NO Change.

When i dont pass POST i get the MB DRAM LED lighiting up solid

I have recently updated my BIOS to 0502 from stock version and still nothing.

Given that 2 work and 2 dont im thinking they are faulty but im hoping otherwise.

Any Ideas?

Keep in mind 1 pair works perfectly evertime on its own which is what im running now.

Specs
    ASUS P7P55D-LE
    i5 750
    windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Cheers Drew
    Last edited by Drewsta; 12-09-2009, 04:54 AM. Reason: update

upgraded bios last night, so far 4x1gig running, well c what happens when i turn it off tonight.

would like to get the ripjaws 2000mhz for clocking but after reading all these posts im too scared to buy G.Skill to be honest.

Comment

Is it just that the board will only work with two? or is it 2 specific sticks won't work period? If the board works okay with any two sticks then it's not the RAM. If it's a problem with two specific sticks, suggest run memtest on each individually to see if they are bad. If any two run okay together but it won't go with 4 sticks it's either the timings/voltage or a mobo problem.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your commments tradesman, although:

latest bios update from asus did nothing - problem still persists.

this is where im at:

1. ran memtest on working pair of ram sticks - all good
        2. ran memtest on the assumed faulty pair

test run 1 - memtest halted at 5% with 2504 errors
        test run 2 - memtest halted at about 50% with roughly 5200+ errors

i got screen captures if required.

So basically its safe to assume the ram is STUFFED....

how do i got about raising the RMA - does it need to be initiated by G.Skill or can i download the form and off we go.

G.Skill - your prompt reply would be appreciated

Cheers Drew

Comment

Simply complete the RMA Request Form and email it to rma@gskillusa.com and we will issue you the RMA number and send you return procedures.

For complete RMA information, simply visit: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X