• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P7P55 WS and G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

I have the following system:

ASUS P7P55 WS SuperComputer
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156
    G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ X2 (Total 4 Sticks)
    Windows 7 Pro, 64bit

I am having random blue screens that cannot be repeated. Sometimes I will have two or three in one day and then none for a week+. Most memory texts (MemTest86+) have been fine for 10+ cycles. However I did have memory errors the other day for the first time. The errors were from Test 6 - Moving Inversion and test - 7 Random Number Sequence. In the 5000MB and 6000MB range. All were Error Bits "00010000". I powered down the computer and I swapped the DIMM's in A1 and A2. The errors are gone again and have been for a few days. Blue screens have been BCCodes 1a, 4e, 50 and others.

I have a few questions.

1) is the G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ memory OK for the ASUS P7P55 WS MB? The original manual that came with the MB lists this memory however the most recent QVL does not but F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK, F3-15000CL9D-4GBTD and F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD are.

2) if the memory is compatible - what BIOS settings should I try.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

Could you post your current BIOS settings, if you are mainly on auto guessing your tRFC might be low

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Good Morning...

G.SKILL tech support provided some BIOS settings for me to try yesterday afternoon. These are listed below. It will be a few days before I am positive the changes are working.

As for tRFC which I think is REF Cycle Time in my BIOS is set to Auto and the current value is 88.

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
      CPU Ratio Setting - 21.0
      BCLK Frequency - 133
      DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1600MHz

DRAM Voltage - 1.60V
      CPU PLL Voltage - 1.90V

DRAM Timing Control (submenu)
      CAS Latency - 9
      RAS to CAS Delay - 9
      RAS PRE Time - 9
      RAS ACT Time - 24

DRAM Timing Mode - 2N
      All others AUTO

Comment

Those settings should work. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X