Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biostar T5 XE & F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

My configuration:

Biostar T5 XE motherboard (Latest BIOS Update - 10/28/09)
    G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
    Intel Core i5-750

Thankfully, my build booted up smoothly by itself. However, when I checked to make sure the memory was running at 1600MHz, I found that it was running as 1333MHz. I've looked around the web and found that out this is because of the Core i5 limit. Also read that Intel doesn't recommend the voltage of the memory to be higher than 1.65v? I found this weird, because my BIOS doesn't even have 1.65v. It increases by 0.015v, starting from 1.6v. Please help me find the right setting, so I can utilize its full potential. Thanks again

you'll need to overclock your CPU Bclk to 160 to run DDR3 1600
    and set memory voltage to 1.6v, timing to 7-8-7-24
    then it should work fine
    thanks

GS

Comment

You will also need to set the CPU Ratio to 17.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you for the responses.

I've now manually set the Bclk to 160 from 133, along with the timing / voltage settings. As for the CPU ratio, it was initially disabled by Intel SpeedStep tech and was set at x20 multiplier. Is this what you are saying that I should change from x20 to x17?

Here is my current setting:

As you can see, I've changed the multiplier to x17. It was originally x20 by default

Thanks
        Last edited by namedkwon; 12-13-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

since you are raising bclk to 160, if you don't set CPU ratio to 17, the CPU clock would be over default one too much
          as we don't know how high your CPU clock could reach, we'd recommend you to lower the CPU ratio
          thanks

G.S

Comment

I do have a stable system running with cpu multiplier at 17 instead of 20, and the bclk at 160, also 7-6-7-24 timing. Would this lower my overall system performance compared to the 1333mhz and x20 multiplier? Thank you for your time

Comment

160x17 is even higher than 133x20, so the performance could only be better
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

If I were to later upgrade to 8gb, would I have to get this exact same ram or just another pair that meets a certain criteria?

Comment

It is suggested to use the same exact memory package.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ever since I buffed up to 1600MHz a couple of months ago, my freshly installed windows 7 x64 has been freezing in desktop on and off. It'd never freeze while I'm playing a game or something but while I'm surfing or watching videos, it'd just hard freeze. I've ran the memtest for about 8 hours and it was fine. What would be the Command Rate be for this particular setting?

Comment

According to your CPU-Z above, it is set to 2, so that should not be a problem. Post up screen shots of your BIOS and I can see if anything is set incorrectly.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I've tried tinkering a little bit with the settings but no avail... Here are my current BIOS settings:

It's the strangest thing. My computer never freezes in a game, just when I'm simply using Windows. Once it freezes, the relapse time shortens significantly... Please help... Thanks

P.S: I've tried new PSU / Hard drive and putting the QPI Frequency to "Auto"

Comment

tWR 12

If that doesn't fix it, try increasing the tRFC and Command Rate 2.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have tried changing tWR to 12 and increasing the Command Rate to 2 and tRFC to 76. But nothing helped so far. I'm currently testing out on tRFC 80 but what number do you think I should give up and stop at? If the tRFC 80 doesn't fix that is. Which I kind of doubt it'll now.. since i tried 76 78
                            Last edited by namedkwon; 04-02-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Probably want it at 2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X