Constant BSODs [4GBNT+GA-MA785GMT-UD2H]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant BSODs [4GBNT+GA-MA785GMT-UD2H]

Ever since I build my PC I'm getting constant, yet erratic blue screens under Win7. I'm pretty sure it's the RAM since the frequency of BSOD occasions changes when I fiddle with RAM setting in BIOS or have one instead of two modules inserted (yes even with one module it bsods on me).

This is my hardware:
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.00GHz
    GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H [F3 bios]
    2x2048MB Kit G.Skill 4GBNT PC3-10600 1333MHz CL9

These are my settings (at the moment -> optimized defaults):
    memory clock: auto x5,33 1066mhz
    DCTs mode: unganged
    Auto timings at: 7T,7T,7T,20T
    TwTr: 4T
    Trfc0 for both: 110ms
    Write Recovery Time: 8T
    Precharge Time: 4
    Row Cycle Time: 27T
    RAS to RAS delay: 4T
    Bank interleaving: enabled
    Channel interleaving: enabled
    In a different forum people told me I should up my RAM to the speed they are made for: 1333mhz at 1,5V. When I put everything to manual I can go 1333, but then the memory voltage is at 1,6 and I can go only up from there.

What to do?

do you have the command rate at 2N, if it's auto, prob at 1N will want 2N, and initially at 1066 may wany to start timings at 8-8-8-24 to get it stablethen can make adjustments

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

"command timing" (I don't have com. rate in Award bios) is was at 2T actually.
      But yeah I canged to manual and went for: 8,8,8,24 while command timing remained at 2T.
      Btw. I don't really care about any sort of performance as it's a HTPC. Also the integrated GPU uses 512MB of RAM (but that shouldn't be a problem, right?).
      Hopefully that does it for me. Thanks.

Comment

Any further problems, let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The BSODs are back (were actually back a week ago) it's just that I didn't find the time to post here.
          So what now? Memtest says they're ok. I guess they're just incompatible?

/edit I'm on F5 now btw.
          Last edited by ElStupido; 12-19-2009, 04:24 PM.

Comment

With your CPU you may have to drop the speed to 1066 or 1200...or could try tRC (Row Cycle Time to 31 and check what your tRFC is should be about 127ish

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X