Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-4gbrl + p7p55d

Hey there!

I am a RAM tuning newbie so I need a little bit of help. I just built my PC with these specs:

Intel Core i5 750
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws 2x2gb chips for 4gb total.
    Asus P7P55D motherboard standard, not deluxe
    750psu thermaltake
    Radeon 5850 GPU

So, i've installed windows 7 as 64 bit and everything was working really well yesterday. Atleast for an hour, then my music would start to lag and stop playing, and applications would freeze up, just before the entire machine would throw a black screen and then shutoff and restart. Now, I have a hunch this might be due to my harddrive possibly failing, so I'm testing that right now. The Gskill ram i have was fully recognized but defaulted to DDR3 1333. So I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the computer hanging? I ran MemTest on the stock ram timing for around 10 hours with no errors. I have yet to overclock or change any timings.

To get DDR3 1600, should i just enable XMP on the BIOS, or should i use DOCP or manual settings? If you could tell me the safest and best settings to get my ripjaws up to 1600 that would be great, and let me know if you think the ram might be causing my problem.
    Thanks!

I'd suggest putting in the settings manually, stock timings, speed, dram voltage according to spec, also ensure Command Rate at 2T (or 2N depending on BIOS). May need to run a slight OC on the CPU and/or add MCH voltage to run 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok ill check it out. Currently it is running the XMP, is that ok with its autofilled values?

Comment

If it stays stable...one of the problems with XMP is it's implemented differently by different mobo makers and differently with different chipsets so I lean towards always manually setting the timings, etc.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That motherboard should have the proper XMP profile for this particular memory package. Or you can simply configure memory settings manually.

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
          CPU Ratio Setting - 17.0
          BCLK Frequency - 160
          DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1600MHz

DRAM Voltage - 1.60V
          CPU PLL Voltage - 1.90V

DRAM Timing Control (submenu)
          CAS Latency - 9
          RAS to CAS Delay - 9
          RAS PRE Time - 9
          RAS ACT Time - 27

DRAM Timing Mode - 2N
          All others can be AUTO

Keep me posted on the results and I will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

THANKS!

The xmp has been totally stable for the past few days, if anything happens ill try out manual! thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X