No cold boot into windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cold boot into windows

With both sticks of ram in I cannot get a cold boot to windows. I power down and then power back up just fine. I can cold boot with one stick right into windows, power down and swap out to the other stick and try to boot 5 or 6 hours later and no boot. Have narrowed it down to one stick that just won"t let the computer get past the splash screen. What else should I try? I am a novice at building computers (my first try). thanks Should I ask for a replacement from G Skill ? I have read alot of good about G Skill and is why I bought it. Msi P55-GD65 w/ AMI ver. 1.2 bios
    Intel I-5 750
    G. Skill F3-16000cl9d-4gbrh 2048mbx2 DDR3-2000 pc3-16000
    Seasonic ss750 3.3v=24a 5v=30a 12v1=40a 12v2=40a
    2-W.D. 750Gb sata raid o
    MSI N260 GTX 896 mb
    Rosewell multi card reader
    LG 22x super multi dvd writer sata
    Windows 7 Pro 64

I had that exact problem. I isolated the bad pair (which can take a few days because of the cold boot issue or if you are getting the errors in memtest you can maybe determine the sticks based on the address that's failing). An RMA fixed my problem, nothing else would.

That said...I also found that my memory (after RMA) was not stable at 1.65v or 1.625v...running at 1.6v and slightly under is solid at rated speed...all four sticks. But it looks like you only have two sticks. Verify you're 9-9-9-24-1N (or 2N for 4 sticks). Even if you have to RMA, this RAM rocks when you get it rolling. The cold boot issue is being experienced by other brands too...it's not a motherboard issue. See the link above. Good luck.

Comment

Also make sure the cpu and MC voltage is where it should be per spec, they can both affect cold boot start up if not getting the right amount of juice.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Everything is stock setting. I didn't really plan on overclocking the board or mem. Do you think I got the wrong memory? Also how responsive is G Skill to rma replacement? If they will swap these out for new I think I will upgrade to the newest bios and and go standard setting. I didn't overclock what I have now. I hope someone with the same board will post the proper settings that are working well for them. I am still not sure where to go in bios to make some of the settings that you guys talk about.

Comment

Definitely want the latest BIOS. Which settings are you having trouble finding?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If you are within 30 days of purchase, simply contact your original place of purchase for an exchange. Or if you would like to replace it through us, simply visit our website at http://www.gskill.com/rma.php for complete RMA procedures. Once we receive your RMA Request Form, you should receive an RMA number within 48 hours. Along with the RMA number, you will also receive further procedures to send them back.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I had the same problem. I just received my RMA pair and they work perfectly. I would try RMA first, as it seems that DDR3 RAM is very faulty no matter which manufacturer you choose. I tried replacing everything else first, but the memory was the problem.

Comment

seems like this is a very common issue...i have had the same problem before http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=3027

I have the RAM sent for RMA

Comment

Working...
                X