Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM + P45 Motherboard- work OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM + P45 Motherboard- work OK?

Planning to use this RAM with an ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe. It's not clear from reading if this RAM will work properly with a non-Core I7 motherboard... Obviously I don't expect to get 1600 speeds from it but lower speeds with low latency would be nice!

Should be fine with your mobo, depending on your CPU, might require a bit of an OC to run at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

P45 , f3-12800cl7d-4gbrm

hi, im thinking of upgrading to ddr3, and i already bought the motherboard which is a ecs p45t-ad3 and i was wondering if this ram is fully comptible , i understand the ram wont run at 1600mhz at 7-8-7-20 1.65v because of the xmp. i just want to improve my pc, i have a q6600 @ 2.4ghz , and will definitely oc to 2.9-3ghz.

Comment

gtrguy,

It will work just fine, even at the rated frequency and timings. You will simply need to overclock your CPU FSB to 1600, so memory can operate at DDR3-1600. Change CPU Host Frequency to 400 from 333 default.

The'STRAFF,

You can surely use this memory as well. Same procedures above, once you have CPU FSB overclocked to 1600, the memory can operate DDR3-1600 without a problem. Let me know if you have problems.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X