Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R motherboard and F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R motherboard and F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH memory

Lets try this post again with the typos removed and the correct memory shown

I have a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R motherboard and F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH memory. All runs well at a speed of 1333. When I select the XMP profile for the memory to run at 2000 the BIOS only sees 2 gig of memory. Windows 7 reports 4 gig but states only 2 gigabyte is usable. I've tried swapping the memory slots. Also tried manual settings shown in another thread for F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD memory and this board. The memory is not stable with these settings.

Can you advise the settings that should be used so that all 4 gig of memory is seen

Thanks,
    Sal

Rather than using the XMP, you'll be better off setting the timings manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try each module individually to see if each stick can be recognized on its own.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have tried manually settings using the timings as shown in another thread (Bios Configuartion guide section) for this board and a simular 2000 memory. Bios only sees 2 gig. Windows 7 sees 4 did but states only 2 gig usable. I have tried with XMP on and off - no difference.

When I use 1 stick of memory, system will not boot with one of them - will boot sometimes with the other. On the stick that the system will boot with, can't get the speed past 1333.

On prior attempts, I have been able to use both sticks but only at 1333. This works for some time and memtest did not report any errors (which it did at speeds of 1600 and 2000). Last night I could not get this to work for any period of time. After several minutes I get the BSOD.

Sal

Comment

Send those in for new replacement sets and everything should work properly.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X