• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probl?me f3-12800CL8D 4GBRM et carte m?re p55

Hello, i have done a new pc :
    - intel core i5 750
    - carte m?re : GA-P55-UD3R
    - ram : kit F3-12800 CL8D 4GBRM

i have bluescreens when i try to get the ram at 1600Mhz, with timings 8-8-8-24 2T 1,6V
    (memory management, ... and others)

the bios of the mothercard is ok (F3) but there is a problem. i think the bios is too recent.
    I 'd like use my ram at 1333Mhz in order to my system is stable but how can i do it (what are the good timings ? voltage ? , etc ....)

At this time i use 9-9-9-24 1T 1.5V 1333mhz
    Can i do better ?

How can i do to can use my ram at 1600 Mhz and have a system stable ?

Ps: sorry for my english, i'm french
    Last edited by chtiprof; 11-22-2009, 08:38 AM.

Sorry........but could you speak in English?
    Or is ther anyone could translate it...@@
    Thanks for your cooperation

G.S

Comment

I have change language of my message.

Thanks for help me

Comment

At 8-8-8-24, 2T, 1.6 you'll need tRFC at 127(127.5) (around there) if it's in nano-seconds (ns) else set it to 68.

If that doest work at 1600, try relaxing the timings to 9-9-9-27

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok, i have done it. I'll see tomorrow the stability:

actually, i have change timings to 8-8-8-24 2T 1,6V and changed tRFC 88 for 127 (i don't know if it is ns or not... at first i just it was at 88)
          I have already see a changement. like the bus speed is at 160Mhz (133Mhz before), my multiplier is at 17 (24 before). I don't understand this changement but if i need choise between multiplier of core or ram frequency, I think the multiplier is more important. No ?

if it is instable tomorrow, i'll try with 9-9-9-27 and i give you a response for the stability.
          good night (it is 00:58 AM in france ^^)
          Last edited by chtiprof; 11-22-2009, 04:01 PM.

Comment

since core i5 750 only have 2:10 ratio for bclk and DRAM frequency, so you'll need to overclock cpu bclk to 160 to run DDR3 1600
            you could try the multiplier yourself
            the bclk multipy the multiplier is the CPU clocks

and please tell us the result after you finish test
            thanks

G.S

Comment

This morning i'll try to see the stability of the system.

It look like ok (no bluescreen). I'm happy.
              SO, for anyone who need set with this mothercard and this ram, the good is :

Activate XMP ans verified settings ram at 8-8-8-24, 2T,tRFC at 127 and dram voltage 1.6.

... Gskill, you are a boss !!!

just a last question :
              if i change nothing after this changement, I have a multiplier for cpu at x17 (2.72ghz), so an overclocking of 2% and the multiplier stay at x17. Before changements, the multiplier change between x9 and x24 (1.2Ghz and 3.2Ghz). So do you think i can change the multiplier to x20 in order to have multiplier at 20x160=3.2Ghz with no problem (I know where i can change it)

Comment

we thought it should be fine to set multiplier to 20, but you still have to try to ensure it
                thanks

G.S

Comment

I have the solution for it , by forum gigabyte : If i want use the turbo boost of the p55, I need to do all my configuration manually , so ......

I just change everything: I am pressed in manual mode (thus disabling the mode xmp):
                  - I first made the switch to 160 Mhz BLCK
                  - Then I entered the ram ratio to x10
                  - Changed the timings (in this case 8-8-8-24, 2T tRFC + 127)
                  - Changed the voltage to 1.6V

Small backup and back on the pc .... I run a small CPU-Z: The turbo boost is running (for this it is necessary that the XMP mode is disabled) and I find myself with an increase between coef x9 and x24 (what happiness this turbo boost). At startup, it still impresses as it goes to x24 ... ouh l? (24x160!) 3840ghz (impressive) and then rewind to 1440 Mhz x9 (I can assure you that I have scrutinized this return coef x9 ^ ^)

Hence, I continue the test: start with an OCCT for 10 minutes:
                  - Maximum temperature reached in 2min 30 to 59 ? C (heat sink is not my home .. I use a COOLERMASTER Hyper TX3)
                  - Back to 30 ? C in idle in 1m30 (fast stop)
                  - As shown by the test, no problems to report

I continue with 3dmark6: (I know, values do not mean much but it helps in relative comparison)
                  FYI, before the recent changes, gave me my cpu score of 4600 about .. I put aside the CG (oops I am ashamed, a 9400GT on a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3P .. it's like putting my wastepaper basket on a level Estale .. but I can assure you it is only temporary (the Nvidia gtx300 should quickly take its place or if an ATI 5870)

Well, there is always that I was again pleasantly surprised my CPU gives me 5210 (or 10% more), which is not nothing

Tomorrow I look at what happens to cold ... Provided that it is stable all this ^ ^

Comment

All is ok this morning when i start my pc. Good work !
                    My problem is resolved.

I think you can take this in the bios configurator for this ram.

Comment

chtiprof, thanks for your sharing
                      hope it would solve other users with the same issue

G.S

Comment

.... I was happy but now, the system is become instable.

Can you propose me another solution.... I'm desespered
                        I'm ready to turn with 1333Mhz if it is stable... I just want a stable system, with no bluescreen.

Comment

Post up some pictures of BIOS and we can see what you may have set incorrectly or missing.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Some bios screens. Say me what i need change plz :

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X