Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSI 790FX-GD70 + F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH x 2 (8 GB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI 790FX-GD70 + F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH x 2 (8 GB)

I recently decided to upgrade my computer with a new motherboard, a new processor, new RAM, and Windows 7. I decided on the following set up:
    Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
    RAM: Two dual channel kits of F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

After the installing Windows 7 with this set up everything was fine for a few hours. Then I started getting blue screens. They are always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
    The problem is that all the memory passed Memtest86+. I have tested each stick individually with at least 11 full passes. No errors what so ever.
    That's when I came here and started reading. I found that the proper timings for my ram were supposedly 7-7-7-24 2T, but my bios was setting it to 9-9-9-24 1T. Changing it to the settings found on these forums increased the stability greatly. Now instead of blue screening at least two or three times a day it now only blue screens once every other day or so.

So, are there any other settings I can change in my BIOS to help with the instability?

Pictures:

What it autodetects:
    http://www.darkintel.com/images/autodetect.jpg

What I have set (page 1)
    http://www.darkintel.com/images/settings_1.jpg

What I have set (page 2)
    http://www.darkintel.com/images/settings_2.jpg

Thanks

Try raising the tRFC to 195ish and raise your vCore a tad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm a little confused what you mean by vCore, since I don't have that listed. I'm guessing however that it's the same thing as the CPU core voltage in my bios.

Here's what I just tried:
      I increased my CPU-CORE voltage from 1.35 to 1.45
      I increased the tFRC to 160 from 110. My BIOS does not have anything in the range of 195, it only has 110, 160, 300, and 330 as choices.

Doing that did increase stability slightly.

Any other voltages I could tweak to increase stability?

Here's my voltage menu:
      http://www.darkintel.com/images/settings_3.jpg
      Last edited by Amakiro; 12-01-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Could try tRFC at 300, also possibly raise the CPU-NB abit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU and CPU-NB voltages should be fine. Try raising HT Link Voltage to 1.30V. tRFC should be fine at 160.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Could try tRFC at 300, also possibly raise the CPU-NB abit
            I tried this and I got several bluescreens in a very short timespan.

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            CPU and CPU-NB voltages should be fine. Try raising HT Link Voltage to 1.30V. tRFC should be fine at 160.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT
            I assume you meant they would be fine at auto, so I reset the CPU and CPU-NB voltages back to auto and bumped the HT Link voltage to 1.30.

I haven't had any bluescreens since doing this, but it has only been a day. I'll post again in a few days and let you know how it goes.

Comment

I was gone a few days last week, so my computer has been off. I got back on friday however and last night I blue screened again. Just to double check, I tested each stick separately with Memtest86+ again this morning. No errors with two full passes per stick.

It does seem like increasing the HT-Link to 1.30V helped significantly, since I believe that's the longest I've gone without a bluescreen.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard. You can also try 1.40V on the HT Voltage to see if that will further stabilize the system.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                  Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard. You can also try 1.40V on the HT Voltage to see if that will further stabilize the system.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT
                  1.40v seemed to do the trick. System is rock solid now.

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                  X