F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH 4GB (2X2) Memory Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH 4GB (2X2) Memory Problems

I've been having memory problems for the past month as far as having BSOD on a cold boot of my system. At first, I had a Gigabyte GA-P55 UD3R motherboard. But I kept having problems with the memory and other issues that made me think the board was bad. I returned it and bought another motherboard. It's the Foxconn Inferno Katana GTI, which is updated with the latest BIOS. I get a BSOD in Windows 7 about 33% to 50% of the time (sometimes the screen goes black without a BSOD but does nothing else). It always happens when Windows 7 is about to show the Welcome screen before the desktop. The BSODs are always random, but the most common one is Memory Management. My computer runs fine if I run the memory in single channel mode with just one of the sticks. I've run Memtest and it always gives me thousands of errors when I load it up after a cold boot on the second stick (I tried switching them around and it gives me the same memory address error on the second stick). If the computer is on for a few minutes (in the BIOS screen), the computer will boot Windows 7 just fine and I can use it for hours on end without a problem. I've tried some of the suggestions on the board regarding upping voltages, lowering timings/speed, and other BIOS options. I even tried swapping power supplies, but that didn't work either. I'm at a lost as what to do next.

System:
    Motherboard: Foxconn Inferno Katana GTI
    CPU: I7 860 2.8GHZ
    Memory: F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH 4GB (2X2)
    Video Card: HIS 5770 1GB

Please see this thread for an ongoing discussion about this. It's not your exact setup but the symptoms are identical. I actually had the same memory as you and experienced these problems.

Comment

Send those in for a new replacement set and see if they will be better.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks. I just received my RMA pair a few days ago, and they work perfectly. I have to say that I am impressed that G.Skill sent me a new pair in record time for a defective memory return. Time between sending my defective pair and receiving the new pair was a week! I will definately consider G.Skill again due to their great customer service.

Comment

Glad to hear everything is working properly now.

If you have time, please share your G.Skill Support experience and rate it via the poll system. This will help us improve our Customer Service.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1093

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X