This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help G.Skill Support improve

This thread is dedicated to help G.Skill Support improve. If you have any suggestions, comments, or anything on your mind about G.Skill Support, feel free to post here.

* Never got decent support and want to say something about it?
    * Did G.Skill Support help you solve your issue and you are happy about it?
    * What can G.Skill Support do to be better and improve?

Please provide a brief explanation of the situation.

G.Skill is committed to customer satisfaction and we will listen to each and every customer's suggestion. =)

Thank you to all who have purchased G.Skill products
    GSKILL SUPPORT
    G.Skill Support works great!
    82.72%
    G.Skill Support works well, the issue was elsewhere.
    6.17%
    G.Skill Support did not respond, but I got it to work.
    2.47%
    G.Skill Support did not respond, and it has been over a week.
    8.64%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 04-02-2012, 12:17 PM.

Well, own several boards and it's problematic to find timings for memories even while reading timing inside memory EPP/X.M.P. Wouldn't mind having full minimum timings list in NS values as an Memory PDF/DOC within the front page of the memory or as said on other topic and constant updated EPP/X.M.P. based topic by motherboard manufacturer/chipset here at forums.

This would help to know where you are pushing the timings too low while setting the timings as only partial memory timings are as an EPP/X.M.P. inside the memory, but for having idea how the calculations go with different memory modules through different manufacturers. Would help everyone.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

In regard to my recent purchase of several 128GB Falcon SSD's:

1. DONT make me register on a forum to download firmware updates. They should be directly available via the primary website.

2. DONT make me wait for validation before I can download attachments. The unstable firmware on the drive in conjunction with this policy has caused delays in deployment that should have been avoidable.

3. FIX the firmware upgrade tool to support upgrade of the SSD while installed in a USB enclosure. In my case, the SSD are deployed in Solaris system without convenient access to Windows.

Comment

Suggestions (some have already been offered, but here goes)

A.) Having multiple personnel working the boards, I'd suggest each Gskill support person be identified individually. This would accomplish a number positives both for users and GSkill. For users they may have a better idea of whom they are dealing with and the level of expertise based on previous post (sort of like Genetix and me...I'll freely admit his knowledge of AMD based systems surpasses mine, I've worked with more of them than I can remember, but have never really gone into great depth...that generally is centered on systems I've personally built, 95+% of which are Intel based. Positives for GSkill would be that it would be easier to track whose doing what, where an individuals strengths are and what additional training may be needed, those receiving the most Kudos or direct requests for help could be factored into a bonus type plan, etc.

B) If you are honoring a holiday or basically not going to be available for a few days or even a day, possibly open an AVAILABILITY entry to let users know in advance.

C) How about a 'What's Going On' section, probably closed to user post, where you could post ongoing projects/changes/expected changes/etc, i.e. you 've brought up moving and creating a separate download section for firmware/software updates, the fact that you will be entering into the MAC arena directly, etc.

D) Strongly suggest you utilize a moderator or moderators (preferably not like Enjoy (8 total posts) who simply appeared and was primarily plugging his own web site (who is still listed as a member). With your posted 8-5, M-F schedule the bulk of the action is at different hours, the SPAM tends to poor in at night and weekends. I've brought this up in the past and offered my services numerous times and realize you won't appoint me as one (in my mind, because I am too honest, when I feel GSkill is dropping the ball, I say so, I am critical at times, and openly honest with users to the point of suggesting competitors products, which I feel GSkill sees as a negative. Problem there is, most users appreciate honesty and when provided with straight answers will continue to use GSkill products beyond the ones in question based on the honesty provided, sort of like AMD based systems, I might suggest clients go elsewhere for service or builds, but they continue to come back to me time and time again. Genetix also has experience in this area, and from what I've seen knows RAM better and gets into it than most anyone I've seen. Others have suggested the same thing....and since you have it listed in your FAQ section, why not utilize the option.

E) Publish all your testing results both by RAM model/amount as well as by mobo..and..cross-index them for search purposes, this will cut down on the number of request for help. There have been numerous instances of the same basic questions on the same mobo/RAM combos, over and over.

F) A technical information reference area where people can look up info like what the different advanced timings do, possibly how chipsets are tweaked, etc even basics such as how dual or tri- channel RAM works.

G) Possibly open a OCing board, though I might suggest it be primarily for users as opposed to a GSkill provided support forum.

Can think of alot more, but this is probably enough food for though for a day or two.

Tman
        Last edited by Tradesman; 07-08-2009, 08:56 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Where the hell are the full controller timings. There's even PI-B chips sold out to spec on pages 4x2GB to spec. No way in hell those goes to spec 5-5-5-15 for anything above 1041Mhz. Also there's huge issue on DDR3 sections this same matter full controllers on people and some of these boards are tested WITH full controllers even as far I checked QVL's yet not functional.

Would think some changes would be made for so many people having issues with these and that RAM configurator sure ain't from this planet on front page. It would be enough that you guys release 1 set of timings to at least get the idea of where it should be in NS to somewhere as EPP/XMP to get idea what the specific RAM is designed for.
          Last edited by genetix; 07-10-2009, 02:59 PM.
          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

See my previous post, Item B, haven't seen you all in the last couple days and prob won't over the weekend, you got people asking you (GSkill) direct questions that others like Genetix and I can't answer on specific secondary timings (spec) and such.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ristogood posted this in the SSD forum:

Ristogod

Strange that you should say that G.Skill wins. More than likely, you won't be buying from them again. So I'd say this is more of a lose/lose situation.

They really need to offer a flashing service as an option for the less technical where you send the drive in, they flash and send it back to you. A simple option like that would keep them ahead of some of their competitors. A lot of people would even be willing to pay a small fee for it.

Sadly though, like most businesses, they become infatuated with all the wrong issues and never address those most impacting their sales.

Tman

Comment

Yeah, well, dunno actually, atm, if it would help me to get secondary timings. Although, others it would do great help. I kinda found the 'loophole' on DDR2 I was looking for and I can look data inside the flashed chip. Always, knew the main restrictions to be based by motherboard manufacturer and I use mainly ASUS boards seems they have on timing setting which is totally unrestricted the 3:4 ratio[P35/X38/X48, P45->=5:6] (I know this will not go to high FSBs too well as it's on 450 around 1200Mhz on memory however even on 1100Mhz this ratio gives opportunity to pump the tRD finally however tRD seems to be in all cases restricted to minimum tRD = tCL which is sad).

Funny thing is gigabyte board again works pretty flawless and MSI has so hardcore that there is no 'loopholes' as far I can see.

----

but there sure seems to be a lot of people asking for proper information on DDR3 (not really surprice), but what I am surpriced is that G.Skill provides no information what so ever to who ever comes around even asking, if it's so hard to get proper timings why even sell the memory. I don't see any issues on Mushkin or OCZ when they promise spec it's on Motherboard QVL AND at tested even higher settings. Which brings question does these manufacturers has something against G.Skill or something?

----

Also, I still don't understand why doesn't G.Skill take my advice and build topics:

DDR2:
                P35/X38/X48 [Gigabyte]
                P35/X38/X48 [ASUS]
                P35/X38/X48 [MSI]
                P45/...

DDR3:
                X58/.../... [Gigabyte]
                X58/.../... [ASUS]
                X58/.../... [MSI]
                X58/...

and clean and simply list timing up by motherboard manufacturer to the spec & to full controller setups as an general information how they should be like tRFC/tRC minimal tRD values (hell, do +1T, if afraid of compatibility by boards). Changes of X.M.P./EPP affect by the flashed memory bank over manual settings and advice to look for the board 'Auto' timing 'defaults' posting those with any problem arise.
                Last edited by genetix; 07-13-2009, 09:18 AM. Reason: Added Information

Comment

I like the topics idea, and it would be a good place for GSkill to list the various testing they've done and the end results

Tman

Comment

How bout testing boards/mem with over 6b of memory??? It would seem that if a board is supposed to support up to 24gb, there oughta be testing with that much memory at least. That way you could rule out the "we only guarantee 6gb @ the rated speeds" speech.... I also agree with the subtimings issue, how hard is it to post that info??? Or is it a "trade secret"???

Comment

Been suggesting that since I hit these boards, more and more are going 64-bit and want 8-12 GB or more. I've been running at least 8 in my boxes for some time and encouraging my clients to do the same (which they are , and have been, doing.

Tman

Comment

Thanks you all
                        we really appreciated with your advices!
                        we'll have a reply to these recommendation you made when more advices are provided
                        maybe next week will be appropriate for us to give a reply
                        Thanks you guys

G.S

Comment

hmm, some new request. Could you include edit possibility on private message sent box.
                          Last edited by genetix; 07-19-2009, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Gonna, just bunch new requests here.

The DDR sections sticky topics will go pretty damn full and looks in the end bad, I'd suggest (I did see before there was kinda 2 memory releated main categories on forums, but...) creating an category below each memory technologies board would look like:

DDR3 -:> main new troubleshoot as usual
                            DDR3 - Solved Guides -:> All NOW sticky topics of already fully solved matters as a guide
                            DDR2 -:> main new troubleshoot as usual
                            DDR2 - Solved Guides -:> All NOW sticky topics of already fully solved matters as a guide.
                            DDR1 -:> main new troubleshoot as usual
                            DDR1 - Solved Guides -:> All NOW sticky topics of already fully solved matters as a guide.

and more all the solved sticky topics below 'Solved Guides' each time some memory/board gets solved. This way main troubleshoot section stays clear & people can easily just check has their memory already been issued.

opinions?

Comment

Sounds good, I agree, especially in DDR2 the stickys are getting too full. This will also help people realize that there are guides available before posting the same motherboard/memory issue.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                              X