• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL with GA-P55M-UD2

RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
    CPU: i7 860

Anybody have any experience tightening the timings of the Ripjaw 1600 CAS9's (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL) on gigabyte P55 boards? What have you gotten to work? What's caused a problem? Anything worth leaving at auto?

Depending on your config, you may still have to tweak things a little, but as far as tightening things up, you'll have to OC your CPU, and if you want to improve performance you may try dropping the speed of the DRAM a bit and then then tighten the timings, maybe drop the CL a point or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well I finally got around to setting the rated values by hand. I set the multiplier to 12x so it's running at 1600, and manually set 9-9-9-24-2T and DRAM Voltage to 1.5V. Before I made the changes I noticed that CPU-Z reports a profile of 9-9-9-25 <- not sure why that's 25 instead of 24? I noticed someone on NewEgg with the same comment.

Also after changing the settings manually, the voltage tends to be reported at something around 1.54V. I expected V to stay where I set it (i.e. 1.5), but I've never paid this much attention to RAM let alone V before so I don't know if this is normal.

Hopefully after this week I'll get a chance to play around with tightening the timings.

Tradesman, thanks for the advice.

Comment

No problem, any issues, give us a holler

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by ekoostik View Post
          Well I finally got around to setting the rated values by hand. I set the multiplier to 12x so it's running at 1600, and manually set 9-9-9-24-2T and DRAM Voltage to 1.5V. Before I made the changes I noticed that CPU-Z reports a profile of 9-9-9-25 <- not sure why that's 25 instead of 24? I noticed someone on NewEgg with the same comment.

Also after changing the settings manually, the voltage tends to be reported at something around 1.54V. I expected V to stay where I set it (i.e. 1.5), but I've never paid this much attention to RAM let alone V before so I don't know if this is normal.

Hopefully after this week I'll get a chance to play around with tightening the timings.

Tradesman, thanks for the advice.
          the timing you saw in CPU-Z is somehow a bug, the real value is 24 clock
          and for this item, you could try to overclock to higher dram frequency
          it would be easier to overclock dram frequency than to tighten the timing
          hope you could have a good result

G.S

Comment

Working...
          X