BIOS settings for GA-EX58-UD5 with F3-160000CL9T-6GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS settings for GA-EX58-UD5 with F3-160000CL9T-6GBRH

I'm having stabiltiy issues when using the XMP to get it running at 2000MHz. Currently running mostly stable at 1066MHz. Please help. Thx.

Simply use this guide:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1322

Or let us know what processor you have and we will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 11-10-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I'm using an I7 920.

Comment

did you try to set BIOS manually by the guide?

G.S

Comment

No luck

That guide didn't work at all. The settings in it are close but not exact for the MB I'm using. Once I set the settings in the guide I couldn't even get to the POST; it just kept resetting.

I need the correct settings for the following hardware:
          GSkill F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH
          Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
          Intel I7 920

Thanks

Comment

You'll want to put the settings in manually, don't depend on the 'AUTO", to start off ensure you have the latest BIOS or the new Beta, so either F7 or F9E (can be found here)

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Support/...2961#anchor_os

Next, set base timings to 9-9-9-24, DRAM Voltage to 1.6, Command Rate at 2T (or 2N depending on how it shows) and give it a try, if no joy, pls post your voltage settings and advanced DRAM timingsi

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just went through that guide and I can say for sure that the reason you aren't able to boot up windows with those settings is because the uncore voltage is too low to run memory that fast. I keep seeing this issue all over this forum. 1.35v is the spec limit Intel says is safe, but if you want to run memory that is overclocked, you are going to need to increase the voltages beyond spec.

That's why it's called "overclocking." Either way, keep your uncore voltage within .5v of your dram voltage and you should be safe. You will probably need more than 1.45-1.5v on the uncore to get this stable but every processor is different. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X