F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ Timeing's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ Timeing's

I need to set-up the correct setting's for this RAM. G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ . I'm pairing it with ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard. Amd 955 BE CPU. How do i set it up to run at 1600?

You'll want to set the RAM up manually, speed 1600, base timings 9-9-9-24, Command Rate 2T (or 2N), DRAM voltage 1.5, and will want to check the tRFC, think yours is in NS, (nano-seconds), if so 127 or 127.5, if it's in clicks then about 65 or so.

You may also have to put a slight OC on the CPU and increase CPU voltage.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

@Tradesman
      Thanks for fixing my account

Inform us LegionOne if you have the options to increase your DRAM frequency to 1600.

I have the same problem as yours but my RAM model is : G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBRL and my mobo is M4A785TD-M EVO

I hope we set our rams into its correct speed/timings
      Last edited by Swissidle; 11-01-2009, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Got the timings in. Overclocked the AMD cpu 955 to 3.4. Running prime95 now. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Ow ok. Do you particularly set the frequency to DRAM frequency to 1600? or you just increase the fsb of your proc? I believe its linked and theres no way in the bios to unlink the fsb and dram.

Comment

Should have a x8.00 multiplier that automatically sets memory to DDR3-1600. No need to increase CPU Host Frequency.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I think I already get it right.

What am I seeing on my CPUZ is

DRAM Frequency: 800 <--- does this mean am I running at 1600??

Do I need to increase the voltage to 1.6v to keep it stable @ 9-9-9-24?

Lastly,
              Is this better? 1333 7-7-7-21 than 1600 9-9-9-24?

Im currently running @ 1333 7-7-7-21 and its stable as rock.

Comment

In CPU-z, DRAM Frequency is the base memory frequency so it is x2 for actual DDR3 (double data rate) speed. 800MHz x 2 = DDR3-1600

For that memory package, 1.60V would probably be ideal, but you can simply test to see what will be stable to set the lowest memory voltage possible.

1600 should be faster, so simply operate it at 1600 and try to find the lowest timings. You can try 8-9-9-24, 8-9-8-24, etc. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok. Im going to test that out. When I set the dram voltage to Auto? Does the motherboard decides the right voltage for the new settings? Is it ideal?

Would you suggest any RAM Benchmarking softwares?
                  Last edited by Swissidle; 11-02-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

When you set DRAM voltage to AUTO, check to see what the actual voltage is. That will give you an idea of where the memory voltage should be at. For example if it is 1.58V, simply set it to 1.60V and it should be sufficient.

Everest Ultimate is a good program. It will give you benchmarks and temperatures right on your toolbar so it is very convenient.

CPU-z is good as well to get a second opinion on where everything is set as far as frequency, timings, etc.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                    X