Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD - ASUS P7P55D EVO LGA 1156 - i5-750 8gig memory showing 4 only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD - ASUS P7P55D EVO LGA 1156 - i5-750 8gig memory showing 4 only

Hello any ideas why BIOS only reads 4gig memory? When booting into 64 bit Win 7 it shows 8gig memory installed and 4gig usable. In bios, it only recognizes 4 Gigs. any ideas?

Once I can see 8 , I woul like to overclock. However it's only seeing 4 in BIOS.

Does your mobo have the MEM OK button? if so push it when you boot, should be instructions in your manual

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I had to reseat the RAM, make sure your DIMMS are aligned correctly down the middle and push very hard. These new mobos with 1 lever notch require quite some force. I am now running 8 gigs of ddr3-2000 using XMP which the mobo picked up automatically.. The memok switch was not good, as it just kept restarting running the same old tests. If others are experiencing this issue with BIOS seeing less than OS, reseat your RAMS.

Comment

Glad to hear everything is working properly and you were able to figure this issue out. Very common with P55 motherboards.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X