Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P BIOS settings for F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

Hello,

I could really use some assistance. I believe that I've got the correct settings entered into BIOS. Although I see the correct RAM size in the BIOS, once I get into Windows 7 RC1 (soon to be full OEM release) I don't see the RAM size indicated in my system properties. Please help!

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield
    Memory: G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

Are you looking for the Amount of RAM or the speed of the RAM? What shows in the BIOS should be correct.

To find the amount:

Go to MY COMPTER, right click and select PROPERTIES and the amount should show in the center of the page

or.. Start>CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM - again should be in Center of page

if it's not then START>CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM and run Windows Experience INdex, it should show it.

If not you may have some corrupted files, you can run CPU-Z (downloads available all over) it will show Amount, Speed and Base Timings among other info.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay, now that I've installed my full version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit I can report that my RAM size is now properly showing in my system properties. That however isn't why I had started this thread.

I'm really hoping to get advice on my motherboard BIOS settings for my RAM sticks. That would include the timing settings and any other advanced configuration settings that I should enter to get the most out of my G.Skill RAM. Although I believe that I got the timing correct any info of which setting to change and to which value would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My system:
      Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
      Memory: G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK
      CPU: Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield

Comment

Well, base timings are 8-8-8-21, voltage 1.5, command rate 2T, speed 1333.

If that's where your at options to increase performance would be to see if it will run CR at 1T....if no, then you could try tightening the timings to 7-8-8-21 or 8-7-7-21 if either works try going to 7-7-7-21, if they run but are a little unstable can up the voltage a tad or raise the tRFC. You could drop the speed to 1200 or 1066 and really tighten the timings............

There's a number of ways to approach it, but it won't be a performance jump you'll 'see', you'll have to run benchmarks...before/after scenerios to see the increase

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X